Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection AFTER removing EC Gold / Silver Numbers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Hi All

I feel like I have seen the answer to this in the forums before but can’t seem to find it now so I’m sorry if this is indeed a duplicate.

My partner and I are flying on Aer Lingus LCY-DUB-BDL-DUB-LGW to the US and the first flight is operated by BA. We have our Gold / Silver EC Numbers in the boiling and have selected seats. I have just realised though that we will get no Avios through BA with the booking codes we are in. If I switch us to our Alaska accounts, which get 225% mileage but through which we have no status, will we lose the seats we have selected for free?

Many thanks!
Nate
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
You should keep your existing selection, but if anything happens to change that (e.g. aircraft swap, upgrade etc), then you won't be able to select new seats without paying.

The best idea is probably to keep your BA numbers on the booking for now, and change it to your AS numbers the week before. Double-check at check-in that your BP shows the programme you want to credit to.
natemoore12 and george77300 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
You should keep your existing selection, but if anything happens to change that (e.g. aircraft swap, upgrade etc), then you won't be able to select new seats without paying.

The best idea is probably to keep your BA numbers on the booking for now, and change it to your AS numbers the week before. Double-check at check-in that your BP shows the programme you want to credit to.
Thanks very much! We’re only a few days out from departure so I will do the swap tomorrow. Appreciate your advice.

Nate
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The other thing you could presumably do is get an Avios Aer Lingus account, credit to that, and then later on transfer the Avios over. You may - or may not - lose your seat selection, but perhaps Avios are more useful to you.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The other thing you could presumably do is get an Avios Aer Lingus account, credit to that, and then later on transfer the Avios over. You may - or may not - lose your seat selection, but perhaps Avios are more useful to you.
I was thinking about that but am unclear if I earn with them for a third party booking. Do you know? We booked through a travel agency.

Thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by natemoore12

I was thinking about that but am unclear if I earn with them for a third party booking. Do you know? We booked through a travel agency.

Thank you!
That should work unless it was a consolidator ticket or some such. The Aer Lingus forum would know, there are some insiders on that, but usually TA bookings are OK for this.
natemoore12 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That should work unless it was a consolidator ticket or some such. The Aer Lingus forum would know, there are some insiders on that, but usually TA bookings are OK for this.
thanks again! I suspected as much but have also asked over there for clarity.

all best...
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
I suspect a consolidator fare that didn’t earn with EI wouldn’t earn with AS either...?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etiene
I suspect a consolidator fare that didn’t earn with EI wouldn’t earn with AS either...?
Thanks, luckily I think this is not one such fare!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.