FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seat Selection AFTER removing EC Gold / Silver Numbers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1979453-seat-selection-after-removing-ec-gold-silver-numbers.html)

natemoore12 Jul 21, 2019 11:58 am

Seat Selection AFTER removing EC Gold / Silver Numbers

Hi All

I feel like I have seen the answer to this in the forums before but can’t seem to find it now so I’m sorry if this is indeed a duplicate.

My partner and I are flying on Aer Lingus LCY-DUB-BDL-DUB-LGW to the US and the first flight is operated by BA. We have our Gold / Silver EC Numbers in the boiling and have selected seats. I have just realised though that we will get no Avios through BA with the booking codes we are in. If I switch us to our Alaska accounts, which get 225% mileage but through which we have no status, will we lose the seats we have selected for free?

Many thanks!
Nate

Deltus Jul 21, 2019 12:55 pm

You should keep your existing selection, but if anything happens to change that (e.g. aircraft swap, upgrade etc), then you won't be able to select new seats without paying.

The best idea is probably to keep your BA numbers on the booking for now, and change it to your AS numbers the week before. Double-check at check-in that your BP shows the programme you want to credit to.

natemoore12 Jul 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 31327034)
You should keep your existing selection, but if anything happens to change that (e.g. aircraft swap, upgrade etc), then you won't be able to select new seats without paying.

The best idea is probably to keep your BA numbers on the booking for now, and change it to your AS numbers the week before. Double-check at check-in that your BP shows the programme you want to credit to.

Thanks very much! We’re only a few days out from departure so I will do the swap tomorrow. Appreciate your advice.

Nate

corporate-wage-slave Jul 21, 2019 1:17 pm

The other thing you could presumably do is get an Avios Aer Lingus account, credit to that, and then later on transfer the Avios over. You may - or may not - lose your seat selection, but perhaps Avios are more useful to you.

natemoore12 Jul 21, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31327101)
The other thing you could presumably do is get an Avios Aer Lingus account, credit to that, and then later on transfer the Avios over. You may - or may not - lose your seat selection, but perhaps Avios are more useful to you.

I was thinking about that but am unclear if I earn with them for a third party booking. Do you know? We booked through a travel agency.

Thank you!

corporate-wage-slave Jul 21, 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by natemoore12 (Post 31327156)

I was thinking about that but am unclear if I earn with them for a third party booking. Do you know? We booked through a travel agency.

Thank you!

That should work unless it was a consolidator ticket or some such. The Aer Lingus forum would know, there are some insiders on that, but usually TA bookings are OK for this.

natemoore12 Jul 21, 2019 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31327168)
That should work unless it was a consolidator ticket or some such. The Aer Lingus forum would know, there are some insiders on that, but usually TA bookings are OK for this.

thanks again! I suspected as much but have also asked over there for clarity.

all best...

etiene Jul 21, 2019 10:56 pm

I suspect a consolidator fare that didn’t earn with EI wouldn’t earn with AS either...?

natemoore12 Jul 23, 2019 11:10 am

Originally Posted by etiene (Post 31328330)
I suspect a consolidator fare that didn’t earn with EI wouldn’t earn with AS either...?

Thanks, luckily I think this is not one such fare!