Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What the hell is going on at JFK? And thank you BA!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What the hell is going on at JFK? And thank you BA!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Another downside with GE is the very restrictive eligibility requirements. Very few foreign countries are approved, hence it is not an option for most travellers.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My experience on Friday - on the early BA flight:

- Global Entry now in the middle of the hall
- Several (new) machines roped off
- Some of the working machines did not actually work and so people had to use more than one machine
- All GE receipts checked with some people fingerprinted, photo'ed and questioned even with GE
- Staff allowed non-GE people to join GE queue where they had to be fingerprinted, photo'ed and questioned
- GE receipt takem by Immigration so could not be shown at Customs

- Through in 15 minutes from landing

Last edited by Markie; Jul 7, 2019 at 1:51 am
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:03 am

Queues in immigration just drive me potty.

if only there was a way for the relevant authorities to know how many passengers were arriving at any point and where they are arriving from and staff it accordingly.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by lizban
Queues in immigration just drive me potty.

if only there was a way for the relevant authorities to know how many passengers were arriving at any point and where they are arriving from and staff it accordingly.
They do of course use scheduled arrival info but as we all know.........with airline flights rarely are they exactly as scheduled. It only takes a few flights to get off track causing a perfect storm of a thousand people arriving at the same time that wasn't scheduled to be and all heck breaks loose, particularly during peak travel season. I am not saying things cant be done better but I sure wouldn't want to try and hit this moving target on the scheduling side.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Markie
- GE receipt taken by Immigration so could not be shown at Customs
I believe the quaint form is no more and no queue to hand form in as you exit. Just visual inspection of folks on exit with random selection for screening
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
I believe the quaint form is no more and no queue to hand form in as you exit. Just visual inspection of folks on exit with random selection for screening
How would the CBP officer know you have GE (and use of the GE exit) if the GE receipt is not returned after immigration?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
How would the CBP officer know you have GE (and use of the GE exit) if the GE receipt is not returned after immigration?
I get two pieces of paper from the GE kiosks. The one with your photo which you hand in and another receipt which says KEEP FOR YOUR RECORDS and it states on this form it has come from a GE kiosk.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by etiene

Current reports at about 11 weeks - I’m at about nine but fortunately applied well in advance of planned use.
I renewed my GE in May, took only a couple weeks to come in. Which was surprising. My green card on the other hand, they are saying 18 months.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I get two pieces of paper from the GE kiosks. The one with your photo which you hand in and another receipt which says KEEP FOR YOUR RECORDS and it states on this form it has come from a GE kiosk.
I have never gotten two pieces. Only the photo one, which a check mark or X on it, meaning just hand in or go to secondary.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Gshumway
I have never gotten two pieces. Only the photo one, which a check mark or X on it, meaning just hand in or go to secondary.
I have just dug out a KEEP FOR YOUR RECORDS receipt. Perhaps only visitors get it as it also says VISA WAIVER and gives how long I am authorised to stay in the US. This form comes out second and suspect on my first use of GE I went off when the first receipt came out not realising more was coming.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
because at some US airports they have ended having someone collecting a piece of paper / blue customs form for any traveller - not just those with in GE - at customs point so it is more European style walk through
golfmad likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

because at some US airports they have ended having someone collecting a piece of paper / blue customs form for any traveller - not just those with in GE - at customs point so it is more European style walk through

I appreciate the blue forms are no longer required at some airports, so at those airports does this mean there is no longer a GE exit from customs?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold

I appreciate the blue forms are no longer required at some airports, so at those airports does this mean there is no longer a GE exit from customs?
Last few times I’ve flown into IAD and JFK (albeit T4) then there is no customs check, so everyone just walks straight out (i.e. the “customs exit” is now just an exit)
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

Entering at LAX a few weeks ago (UK passport, GE & ESTA), I got 2 receipts as Rubecula describes above, no blue customs form and there was a separate GE exit at customs, where they took the receipt with the picture and I kept the other one.

I was was very grateful to have GE that day, immigration took about a minute, others off the same flight waited 1.5-2 hours...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Entering at LAX a few weeks ago (UK passport, GE & ESTA), I got 2 receipts as Rubecula describes above, no blue customs form and there was a separate GE exit at customs, where they took the receipt with the picture and I kept the other one.

I was was very grateful to have GE that day, immigration took about a minute, others off the same flight waited 1.5-2 hours...
Which has been what I’ve observed when entering the US in recent times.

I’m intrigued to know what the procedure is at airports where the blue form/GE receipt is not needed/given. From the responses above, it appears GE gets no priority/special treatment once through immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.