Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA’s IT currently down

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
20 minute wait to talk to someone to get a phantom booking removed. Website booking with cash and Avios still only gets past the stopover page about 1 time in 10, and even then does not get me past the following flight selection page to actually look at the fare.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Booking confirmation email took c. 12 hours to arrive today.

You are right...just checked and mine finally came through now.
Took about 10 to 12 hours.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Ha, so just phoned up to change a booking and all IT including the website and contact centres is down 😬
Thank you for this FT post/contribution! I was wondering why half of my flights simply weren't showing anywhere.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Checked in for a flight last night and updated contact info; this afternoon I had half a dozen identical emails confirming the change. I figured something was up.

Last edited by Jagboi; Jul 7, 2019 at 8:48 pm
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by loosehead
Quick update from T5 where I just checked in with my family to IAH. All seems to be functional, though staff still looking pensive when asked "is it all back to normal?". Queues at machines & bag drops did seem quite long for a Sunday morning - possibly due to the emails BA were sending out overnight to "get there early".

Had a fun experience at INV last night, with very little info about the incoming 1470, which was "taxi-ing" at LHR for >1h30. Seems it was stood, waiting off-gate, for "electronic paperwork" to be sent through. After a surprisingly slow turnaround, we left INV and arrived LHR 2h30 late. Double misery (for some) as the Aspire mini-lounge was closed "due to unforeseen circumstances".

There’s another mini thread about the INV I believe it was closed due to staff shortages a while ago but I do know it’s been closed for several recent departures as well so wondering if it’s the same issue. Staff sickness maybe?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
The email notifying me of the cancellation of my flight back from NCE on Saturday night arrived 22 hours after the flight in question was supposed to depart. I'd gone for the day and as the outbound was 90 minutes late about 50% of my time on the ground was lost, given they rebooked me on an earlier flight but the app refused to confirm the change with the result that I went to the airport to make sure - staying an extra night wasn't an option this time as I only had the clothes I was wearing.

2 additional years of my Gold status would be nice, but fingers aren't crossed - this was a pain but it was nothing like the 2017 meltdown..
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Last night I booked a LHR DUB in ce not being aware of the it problems I because I was rushing forgot to note the PNR luckily I just paid £5 hold my fare fee

I just had to rebook the flight again today but noting the PNR of course no email I wonder will bA refund the first £5 fee
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spec119
Last night I booked a LHR DUB in ce not being aware of the it problems I because I was rushing forgot to note the PNR luckily I just paid £5 hold my fare fee

I just had to rebook the flight again today but noting the PNR of course no email I wonder will bA refund the first £5 fee
don’t held bookings appear in your future booking list on your BAEC page? I think you should have been able to find it there and pay, or failing that you could have called to find and complete the booking.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
I see it's just been announced they face £183 million fine for the recent event where they allowed all our data to be stolen....

"The ICO said that data breach, which began last June, occurred because British Airways had “poor security arrangements” in place to protect customer information being accessed."
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I see it's just been announced they face £183 million fine for the recent event where they allowed all our data to be stolen....

"The ICO said that data breach, which began last June, occurred because British Airways had “poor security arrangements” in place to protect customer information being accessed."
If only there was a thread for that
T8191 and tuonopepper like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

don’t held bookings appear in your future booking list on your BAEC page? I think you should have been able to find it there and pay, or failing that you could have called to find and complete the booking.
At the moment I have status with QR so I didn't want my booking linked to my baec Ffp until the last minute
So unfortunately wasn't logged in btw my last 25 minute call to BA produced a cost of £18 courtesy of virgin mobile so losing a fiver seems better value
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by spec119
At the moment I have status with QR so I didn't want my booking linked to my baec Ffp until the last minute
So unfortunately wasn't logged in btw my last 25 minute call to BA produced a cost of £18 courtesy of virgin mobile so losing a fiver seems better value
Be sure to use the 0344 493 0787 number to contact BA, which should be included in your plan as as landline number and therefore "free".
spec119 and Tobias-UK like this.

Last edited by Steve_ZA; Jul 8, 2019 at 4:20 am
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Be sure to use the 0344 493 0787 number to contact BA, which should be included in your plan as as landline number and therefore "free".
Thanks very much very useful I'm talking to BA in twitter and getting absolutely nowhere
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Website book with cash, upgrade with avios still breaks down on the stopover page. 0344 493 0787 just says they are having an extraordinary number of calls, then disconnects. Clearly BA IT is not entirely fixed yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.