FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA’s IT currently down (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1976968-ba-s-currently-down.html)

Tiger_lily Jul 6, 2019 5:12 am

BA’s IT currently down

Ha, so just phoned up to change a booking and all IT including the website and contact centres is down 😬

teledude Jul 6, 2019 5:14 am

Lucky I got away early :D

TFW is a zoo apparently. And the whole terminal must be chaos.

fruitcage Jul 6, 2019 5:15 am

Web site looks ok to me now.

adfg Jul 6, 2019 5:19 am

Can confirm issues at LHR for last 2 hours. Manual lounge entry processes in place.

Steve_ZA Jul 6, 2019 5:29 am

• We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request. Please do try again - if it still doesn't work, it may be better to try again at another time.

Helpful.

Tiger_lily Jul 6, 2019 5:30 am

MMB isn’t working at all

Tobias-UK Jul 6, 2019 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily (Post 31274747)
MMB isn’t working at all

It's working fine for me. I've just booked a flight too without any issue. It must be intermittent or localised.

Steve_ZA Jul 6, 2019 5:37 am

Due to system issues we've had to revert to manual check-in. The system we use is a worldwide system and appears to be back up and running. We appreciate your patience whilst you wait. Steph

Tiger_lily Jul 6, 2019 6:01 am

I just got into MMB in the website but the contact centres are still unable to do anything

orbitmic Jul 6, 2019 6:03 am

It’s neither the first nor the last time this will happen :(

Tiger_lily Jul 6, 2019 6:22 am

Just another summer Saturday IT meltdown

LCY8737 Jul 6, 2019 6:28 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 31274797)
It’s neither the first nor the last time this will happen :(

True redundancy in IT systems costs money. And that always seems to be a bit of an issue with BA.

Steve_ZA Jul 6, 2019 6:38 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737 (Post 31274832)
True redundancy in IT systems costs money. And that always seems to be a bit of an issue with BA.

In contrast to the seemingly bottomless pot of money for cosmetic changes to the front end.

Paren Jul 6, 2019 6:50 am

What interests me is that it seems to be a complete meltdown - I.e. both online and at the airport. Not one or the other.

Two things spring to mind in this instance given that it's a variety of services affected, either a cyber attack, or simply a power issue at their data centre. Though it could be something completely different, only BA will know.

As others have pointed out, the website seems to be back online, so (potentially) running off a replicated data centre assuming it's not the main site back online.

Looking at some of the photos posted, it does cause concern for BA's business continuity planning. The scenes look almost identical to when I was flying out in 2011 once and they had a similar meltdown.

Tiger_lily Jul 6, 2019 6:56 am

I’m amazed that the media hasn’t picked up on this