Wiki Posts
Search

Change of flight on BA help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba silver
Change of flight on BA help

I have a booked flight on lhr to edinburgh return but now need to change my return date and also travel from glasgow to LHR. What would be the best way to do that would I have to pay a change fee or would I be best to just buy a one way ticket.

Flights are on the 31st JULY returning on the 23rd of Augustfrom Edinburgh would now like to leave Glasgow on the 25th of August

Any advice would be much appreciated
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
For just the return portion GLA-LHR? just purchase the ticket you need on the 25th of August and do nothing else. If there is anything else on your ticket it'd be wise to pay the change fee & any fare difference.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hi.

Why not post this in the BA forum? Moderator please move to BA forum.

Your Q is impossible to answer because we don't know the airfare you have paid, if change of routing/open jaw is allowed, possible change fee etc. Despite this, most likely it will make economically sense to travel on your current ticket for the outbound flight to EDI and ditch the return flight + buy a new ticket Glasgow-London. The change fee and possible up-fare to change the return part of the ticket, will most likely by far exceed the price of a new (separate) ticket Glasgow - LHR

Last edited by SK AAR; Jul 3, 2019 at 2:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.