Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mocktails and other options with BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Personally I’m a big fan of a 50/50 mix of fruit juice & sparkling water. In Australia they have something called lemon lime bitters which is perhaps my favourite. There are several recipes available online, and I’m sure ingredients are available in various BA lounges.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by PETER01
Not sure if its classed as a Mocktail as such but on a long haul down the back a while ago with a glass of Coke I put half the mini magnum in to make an Ice Cream Float!

Very refreshing and tasty 'drink'
Ahhhh... you gave me an evil idea.

Coffee with lots of ice, with added ice cream.

If the ice cream is on the menu, be warned, crew members on my flight tomorrow, you'll have a silly passenger asking for a tumbler, lots of ice, strong coffee and vanilla ice cream
PETER01 and atcer28 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Ahhhh... you gave me an evil idea.

Coffee with lots of ice, with added ice cream.

If the ice cream is on the menu, be warned, crew members on my flight tomorrow, you'll have a silly passenger asking for a tumbler, lots of ice, strong coffee and vanilla ice cream
Oh do try that and please report back!

In answer to the OP's question, most of the time in a lounge or onboard I will only ever drink coffee, tea or the odd diet coke but when I have been lucky enough to be in the CCR or F then a few glasses of LPGS is very nice but that's a rarity being there, maybe a couple of times a year.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
Sort of offtopic since it doesn't apply to BA, but sometimes I'd like to joke and order a 'virgin rum & coke'... and see if I actually get a coke with a bit of lime juice.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by PETER01
Not sure if its classed as a Mocktail as such but on a long haul down the back a while ago with a glass of Coke I put half the mini magnum in to make an Ice Cream Float!
The speciality of the A&W burger chain is a root beer float. Is root beer available in the UK? I can't recall ever seeing it, but I've never looked either. Not ginger beer, that's totally different.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Jagboi
The speciality of the A&W burger chain is a root beer float. Is root beer available in the UK? I can't recall ever seeing it, but I've never looked either. Not ginger beer, that's totally different.
I'm not sure if Root Beer is here in the UK in pubs or lounges etc, my knowledge of Mocktails and such things is not good to be honest.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
I drink alcohol, but when I am not find almost any fruit juice and sparkling water to be pretty refreshing. A particular favorite is a "virgin" tequila sunrise: orange juice, grenadine (or cranberry juice) and sparkling water.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
All suggestions will be tried on Friday in the CCR
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The new WTP mocktail is "Citrus Twist - orange juice, apple juice and a twist of lemon", I think it is also available in CW bars, but I bet it's only 2 tins or so.

Congratulations on your 4 week dalliance with Lady Temperance!
It’s available on all bars because it’s made with the usual Sunpride juice cartons and sliced lemons!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
F:
Royal Fizz
Apple juice and ginger ale on ice

Fizzberry
Cranberry juice with tonic water
teledude likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
F:
Royal Fizz
Apple juice and ginger ale on ice

Fizzberry
Cranberry juice with tonic water
The Royal fizz was very nice, I tried it a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.