FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Mocktails and other options with BA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1976455-mocktails-other-options-ba.html)

teledude Jul 2, 2019 6:12 am

Mocktails and other options with BA

Yes, I said it :D

Currently about to hit 4 weeks teetotal, but anyway.

For those that don't drink / only occasionally what is your tipple in the lounges and onboard?

Charlie in the CCR has been knocking me up booze free Espresso Martini equivalents, but keen to hear if I'm missing any gems :)

Tobias-UK Jul 2, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 31261210)

For those that don't drink / only occasionally what is your tipple in the lounges and onboard?

Charlie in the CCR has been knocking me up booze free Espresso Martini equivalents, but keen to hear if I'm missing any gems :)

Congratulations ^

I am boring when it comes to drinks, I usually stick with sparkling water and coke zero. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll try a "Bloody Shame" - in other words a Bloody Mary without the booze! :D

W213Sal Jul 2, 2019 6:32 am

mocktails are usually best on middleastern airlines OP, but ask for a virgin version of whatever you like most, and they'll make it for you! maybe try a virgin kamikaze? lime juice + fizzy orange? (originally kamikaze if anyone wondering is vodka, contreau, lime juice equal parts)

Ancient Observer Jul 2, 2019 6:34 am

I am boring when I chose drinks for my non-drinking times. But boring works. Fresh orange juice with a little ice. Or tomato juice with lots and lots of lea and perrins Worcestershire sauce.

Deltus Jul 2, 2019 6:40 am

There are a number of suggestions here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1931442-club-world-without-alcohol-yeek.html

flatlander Jul 2, 2019 7:21 am

If bitters are acceptable to you, you can bring those on board in small quantities in your liquids allowance and add them to the onboard soft drinks. Alcohol content of a soft drink with a dash of bitters is going to be > 0 but < 0.1%.

There are also powered soft drink mixes of many sorts which you can bring on board and mix with water (still or sparking) on board. Check out the "wellness" (i.e. hipster diet and exercise) section of a supermarket or health food store. Various manufacturers now sell water-infusion bags similar to a tea bag to be placed in a water bottle to flavour water.

LTN Phobia Jul 2, 2019 7:29 am

There are two mocktails on the menu for F but I cannot remember the details! I'll have a look on board tomorrow.

rockflyertalk Jul 2, 2019 7:35 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 31261210)

Wow I’m surprised that hasn’t been a thread in itself! Congratulations :)

I wonder if BAs alcohol stock has now recovered! The accountants are probably wondering what’s going on :D :D

Hope you are well buddy.

There are new mocktails in WTP if you ever wander back there :)

PETER01 Jul 2, 2019 7:40 am

Not sure if its classed as a Mocktail as such but on a long haul down the back a while ago with a glass of Coke I put half the mini magnum in to make an Ice Cream Float!

Very refreshing and tasty 'drink' :D

teledude Jul 2, 2019 7:44 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 31261451)

There are new mocktails in WTP if you ever wander back there :)

WTP :confused:

dcmike Jul 2, 2019 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 31261250)
If I'm feeling adventurous I'll try a "Bloody Shame" - in other words a Bloody Mary without the booze! :D

I really like the "Bloody Shame" on airplanes - your taste buds are dulled and the spice manages to cut through that and taste great.

rockflyertalk Jul 2, 2019 8:11 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 31261485)
WTP :confused:

Yea...nevermind, you have you turn right for that!

secretplantofightinflation Jul 2, 2019 8:30 am

You can’t beat a tomato juice with plenty of L&P, Tabasco and ice for refreshment.

Even better with some salty crisps to dunk in it :D

corporate-wage-slave Jul 2, 2019 8:34 am

The new WTP mocktail is "Citrus Twist - orange juice, apple juice and a twist of lemon", I think it is also available in CW bars, but I bet it's only 2 tins or so.

Congratulations on your 4 week dalliance with Lady Temperance!

atcer28 Jul 2, 2019 8:46 am

I like a 50/50 mix of either cranberry or orange juice and sparkling water. More interesting and less sweet than juice. Could be worth going prepared with as people said some hitters or perhaps lime or lime cordial as that can be handy to add something extra to BA simple drink.