Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ba242 delay tonight - possible missed connection on same ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum

Hi. Ba 242 is expected to go out at least an 1h10 mins late. I have a connecting flight to Paris (same ticket) in CE. The connection was 2.05h but now looking like that's gonna be 55m, assuming no more delays. I've never had a misconnect before, so if it does happen, what's the procedure? Does the app just reticket or do I have to go to a desk?

I'm checked in for both, but wondering if we will get back bumped to later flight because we are not technically airside until we pass security.
​​​​​​
For specifics. I'm on Ba242 Mex to LHR and scheduled b322 to cdg.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I don't foresee a problem here, your MEX is due to arrive at 16:40 (T5) and your CDG departs at 18:10 (T5). 90 Minutes is plenty of time to make the connection.

If you do misconnect (and there is no one waiting for you at the end of the jetty, look out for the purple jackets) update your App to see if you have been rebooked and if not head to flight connections and the customer service desk where they will sort you out. If you cannot be accommodated that day they should organise a hotel for you too (or advise how to reclaim the cost if organising yourself),
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Hmm strange. My cdg is due 5.40 on my app.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TTmex
Hmm strange. My cdg is due 5.40 on my app.
Oops, yes it is - I looked at today's flight in my haste! Still, even with an hour you should make the connection.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Delete.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
until your landing time is more firm BA won't do anything directly (or anything you can see on the app for example)

If it looks like you'll definitely miss your connection BA will auto rebook you to the next available flight to CDG

If it looks marginal time wise (or the later flights are all fully booked) then they may have someone on the jet way to help expedite you through the connections process.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Great. Thanks. Just wanted to know what to expect if required. First time I've connected at LHR.

Appreciate the help
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You will be proactively rebooked if necessary, don't worry you will be looked after.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. On a nerd level, I see the later flight is an a321neo. Every cloud...
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I don't have the BA app, but I've been able to see the rebooked flight on the CheckMyTrip app when missing BA connections in Heathrow. Already before landing the cabin crew has informed me that I'm going to miss my connection and they've also had the information on which flight I've been rebooked on (but they don't always tell it without asking).

In case I've been rebooked for the following morning, they've put me to Renaissance Heathrow for the night. The flight connections desk has given the vouchers for the hotel and the shuttle bus. The Renaissance has a separate check-in desk for customers booked by BA (and in the evening, each shuttle bus brings a busload of people to the desk). Dinner buffet and breakfast are included.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by r2d2
I don't have the BA app, but I've been able to see the rebooked flight on the CheckMyTrip app when missing BA connections in Heathrow.
Why wouldn’t you have the BA app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.