Wiki Posts
Search

BA279 LHR to SJC 22/06

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, EK Blue, Best Western Diamond Select, Hilton Gold
BA279 LHR to SJC 22/06

Looking at the seat map on BA.com there is only 6 seats left in Club World, with only a couple of ‘pairs’ available depending.

I guess this flight is usually status heavy due to Silicon Valley etc. so my question is, are we taking a ‘risk’ if we don’t pay for seats now and more status members book between now an OLCI?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
risk of what?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There’s currently 13 seats left on the seat map, although 7K may be kept for rest, I wouldn’t worry about being over booked or offloaded
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by MikeBouch
Looking at the seat map on BA.com there is only 6 seats left in Club World, with only a couple of ‘pairs’ available depending.

I guess this flight is usually status heavy due to Silicon Valley etc. so my question is, are we taking a ‘risk’ if we don’t pay for seats now and more status members book between now an OLCI?
You are always taking a risk, question is what and how high of a risk: not very high IMO that status flyers will jump in in the next couple of days, but if you're originating from London anyone checking in on a connection may get to pick seats ahead of you and grab ones you might like. Looking at EF the cabin seems pretty much full right now, so I'd say the ship's sailed anyway if you haven't bought. F is almost empty, which means they will likely roll a bunch of folks and you might get to seat together if you ask at the gate.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, this is the first time I’ve not paid for a seat in Club which means I’m £180 better off but now they are all showing full.

First is still relativity empty with just 1 booked seat (although I don’t know how to check loads) so I guess the roll forward may impact some. Is the advice to get to the airport early to resolve this?

Assuming that the any blocked seats don’t open up at OLCI.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:28 pm

Thanks for the replies, this is the first time I’ve not paid for a seat in Club which means I’m £180 better off but now they are all showing full.

First is still relativity empty with just 1 booked seat (although I don’t know how to check loads) so I guess the roll forward may impact some. Is the advice to get to the airport early to resolve this?

Resolve what? If you show up a minute before check in closes they should still sort it out
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.

From Expert Flyer:
(UK search)

BA 279 0
LHR 22/06/19 14:40
SJC 22/06/19 17:45
Su,M,T,W,Th,Sa
90% / 16m
F3 A2 J1 C0 D0 R0 I0 W5 E0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K7 M5 L2 V1 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G7
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Resolve what? If you show up a minute before check in closes they should still sort it out
Resolve not having a seat allocated on the plane (in the cabin I would like to travel in). I have no doubt they will get us on the plane as it’s not totally sold.

As this hasn’t happened to me before it feels kinda uncomfortable.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:44 am

Resolve not having a seat allocated on the plane (in the cabin I would like to travel in). I have no doubt they will get us on the plane as it’s not totally sold.

As this hasn’t happened to me before it feels kinda uncomfortable.
You'll almost 100% get a seat in the cabin you're ticketed in. I'd not worry, it'll all be an anti-climax, you'll arrive at check-in and be handed a BP with a seat without so much as a comment or acknowledgement that you didn't have one assigned previously (most likely)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.