Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft has F cabin but only J fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Aircraft has F cabin but only J fares

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere--I've notice on several flights that BA operates an aircraft with an F cabin (773) but does not actually offer an F fare on the route. Right now I'm looking at the NAS<>LHR route which uses a 777; the seat map on ExpertFlyer just shows all F-cabin seats as blocked and highest fare bucket as J. On the rare occasion I've actually flown such flights (LHR.MAD both times) I was actually on an F fare for the longhaul (LHR<>PEK) but only booked into J seats on the Madrid leg. The F cabin was full as well though I'm sure they weren't offering F service on such a short flight--I'd speculate BA Golds get bumped up into the nice seats though OWEs often get similar courtesies. Anybody know what the deal is, here? I kinda can't stand the 8-across CW configuration and would avoid it longhaul if at all possible.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Three class long haul routes and two class short haul routes (mostly MAD, where the widebody once a day is actually part of the schedule for cargo reasons, sometimes other routes), occasionally operated with 4 class long haul aircraft. Referred to as Flub around these parts. F cabin is only used if required, and would have J service. Some threads

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit......-777-a.html

BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Thanks for the info; curious as all the NAS<>LHR flights seem to be configured this way. Seems like it'd be a good candidate to have an F offering, but I suppose it might be difficult to provision in NAS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.