BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)

Old Mar 28, 19, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)

Good Morning all
I am flying on BA460 to MAD on 28th May, itís operated by a 777 and am in Club, has anyone got any experience of the First cabin being opened on this run? How often does it happen? Taking my mum on a half term break to Madrid and taking her in Club for only the second time and would be lovely to experience First for the first time (albeit fake First)... currently in 10J/K though.
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:23 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Normal J service. Cabin opens up around T-72. You will need to call up to get seats in it at that time or wait to T-24.
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
I was moved up from J to F cabin, without asking. I'm BA Gold. Personally, given it's J service throughout and both seats are much better than normal CE, I honestly don't think it's worth the effort, even for a special occasion. If it included an F-style service, it would be different.
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by darloscott View Post
Good Morning all
I am flying on BA460 to MAD on 28th May, it’s operated by a 777 and am in Club, has anyone got any experience of the First cabin being opened on this run? How often does it happen? Taking my mum on a half term break to Madrid and taking her in Club for only the second time and would be lovely to experience First for the first time (albeit fake First)... currently in 10J/K though.
Theres a thread re this and a few experiences of the MAD route in this thread.

FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)
Old Mar 28, 19, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks guys... I shall have a read up on it!
Old Jun 3, 19, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi everyone, I have a strange situation: I've read up on the thread suggested by PETER01 but cannot find any answers, and I wonder whether anyone would be able to help me;

I'm flying on BA460 in July, and have selected my seat in the J cabin, row 14. After having another look at the seat map in MMB, two extra rows have opened up (alongside the standard 10 to 15), rows 2 and rows 4. (oddly no rows 1 or 3) On the BA seat selector, these appear as the same icon as the club world seats in rows 10-15, but are all facing forward, and have seats AB DEFG JK (with A, E,F and K forward facing). Is this a glitch in the system? I can confirm that I am able to select the seats in rows 2 and 4. Just wondering if anyone else has had this before, and what it means? If I select 2 A for instance, will I then be sat in an F seat?
Many thanks
tyddynonn likes this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS FC, LH M&M, ANA Mileage Club
Originally Posted by SpotTheDog View Post
Hi everyone, I have a strange situation: I've read up on the thread suggested by PETER01 but cannot find any answers, and I wonder whether anyone would be able to help me;

I'm flying on BA460 in July, and have selected my seat in the J cabin, row 14. After having another look at the seat map in MMB, two extra rows have opened up (alongside the standard 10 to 15), rows 2 and rows 4. (oddly no rows 1 or 3) On the BA seat selector, these appear as the same icon as the club world seats in rows 10-15, but are all facing forward, and have seats AB DEFG JK (with A, E,F and K forward facing). Is this a glitch in the system? I can confirm that I am able to select the seats in rows 2 and 4. Just wondering if anyone else has had this before, and what it means? If I select 2 A for instance, will I then be sat in an F seat?
Many thanks
do it, if it's a 777 you'll be in a first seat!
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SpotTheDog View Post

Many thanks
As of this afternoon I'm seeing this as well for 2 flights in August. Expertflyer shows the exspected F seat map. I'm flying as a two, so would like to pick two window seats behind each other, but can't do that with only this strange row 2 and Row 4 layout -any suggestions?
Old Jun 3, 19, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA silver,
I also have this on BA461 In August. I had booked this thinking that the A350 might be doing two return flights per day. ( The A380 did two rotations to Frankfurt on a daily basis.) So, I wonder if this odd seat plan might be in preparation for the A350 flights?
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:18 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I have this showing too for late July. Not sure if the A350 flights were planned for that early though, so Iím remaining pragmatic to the fact that it is a temporary glitch and we may get kicked out from FLUB to Ďseat choice availableí in the regular 48 seat club cabin at any moment between now and the actual flights!
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:37 pm

Iím really glad to see people are experiencing the same thing! Iíd be tempted to change to seat 2A for example, in the hope that if thatís on my boarding pass Iíll be in a First seat anyway. However, my concern is that these may be WT+ seats but itís a glitch in the seat map? What do you think - should I go ahead and choose one of the seats in row 2 or 4? (Bearing in mind thereís only seats A, E, F and K in first, when thereís an additional four seats in the row on the map, on MMB )
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jed View Post
I have this showing too for late July. Not sure if the A350 flights were planned for that early though, so Iím remaining pragmatic to the fact that it is a temporary glitch and we may get kicked out from FLUB to Ďseat choice availableí in the regular 48 seat club cabin at any moment between now and the actual flights!
that would be a great shame if so! Although, it does seem a little ďtoo good to be trueĒ, so perhaps pragmatism is the way forward in this case. Iím travelling with one other, so it would be a shame if we were thrown around the cabin when we already have suitable seats selected (14A and 14B)
Old Jun 3, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Ag, Ex VS Au, Avis Pres, Enterprise Plat, Ex Marriott Plat, HHonors Ag, Priority Club Au
This is quite common at t-72 but not heard it popping up a long time in advance. Itís basically because the ba seat map canít cope with the F option. Never seen a good explanation as to what the Ďvirtualí seats map across to. If in doubt, go for a real seat.

However! Beware if you are selecting seats in Flub. You will likely get turfed out to potentially undesirable seats at t-24 if they donít think they will need the F cabin and/or if you arenít Gold or above. If youíre happy to take the chance then you may get to keep your selection.

Old Jun 3, 19, 7:20 pm

Just to clear any confusion up; I attach a screenshot of the Seat map I am presented with (note that the rows extend to row 15 - I couldnít fit it all on the screen, and all seats are able to be selected)

Surely BA wouldnít offer those seats if you werenít eligible to select them? I do find certain elements strange; only rows 2 and 4, same CW format, but all forward facing, and how Seat 2K is always taken (after running various dummy bookings for the same flight)
Old Jun 3, 19, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot View Post
This is quite common at t-72 but not heard it popping up a long time in advance. Itís basically because the ba seat map canít cope with the F option. Never seen a good explanation as to what the Ďvirtualí seats map across to. If in doubt, go for a real seat.

However! Beware if you are selecting seats in Flub. You will likely get turfed out to potentially undesirable seats at t-24 if they donít think they will need the F cabin and/or if you arenít Gold or above. If youíre happy to take the chance then you may get to keep your selection.

Say I went onto MMB at T-72 in order to change my seat - would I be able to select one of the flub seats?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: