BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)

Old Mar 28, 19, 2:06 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tees Valley, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 63
BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)

Good Morning all
I am flying on BA460 to MAD on 28th May, itís operated by a 777 and am in Club, has anyone got any experience of the First cabin being opened on this run? How often does it happen? Taking my mum on a half term break to Madrid and taking her in Club for only the second time and would be lovely to experience First for the first time (albeit fake First)... currently in 10J/K though.
darloscott is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:23 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Posts: 5,548
Normal J service. Cabin opens up around T-72. You will need to call up to get seats in it at that time or wait to T-24.
CT-UK is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:55 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lewes, UK
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 1,171
I was moved up from J to F cabin, without asking. I'm BA Gold. Personally, given it's J service throughout and both seats are much better than normal CE, I honestly don't think it's worth the effort, even for a special occasion. If it included an F-style service, it would be different.
pennineuk is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:08 am
  #4  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Posts: 8,708
Originally Posted by darloscott View Post
Good Morning all
I am flying on BA460 to MAD on 28th May, it’s operated by a 777 and am in Club, has anyone got any experience of the First cabin being opened on this run? How often does it happen? Taking my mum on a half term break to Madrid and taking her in Club for only the second time and would be lovely to experience First for the first time (albeit fake First)... currently in 10J/K though.
Theres a thread re this and a few experiences of the MAD route in this thread.

FLUB class (travel in F but with J service on 4 class 777)
PETER01 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 4:07 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Tees Valley, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 63
Thanks guys... I shall have a read up on it!
darloscott is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 12:11 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 12
Hi everyone, I have a strange situation: I've read up on the thread suggested by PETER01 but cannot find any answers, and I wonder whether anyone would be able to help me;

I'm flying on BA460 in July, and have selected my seat in the J cabin, row 14. After having another look at the seat map in MMB, two extra rows have opened up (alongside the standard 10 to 15), rows 2 and rows 4. (oddly no rows 1 or 3) On the BA seat selector, these appear as the same icon as the club world seats in rows 10-15, but are all facing forward, and have seats AB DEFG JK (with A, E,F and K forward facing). Is this a glitch in the system? I can confirm that I am able to select the seats in rows 2 and 4. Just wondering if anyone else has had this before, and what it means? If I select 2 A for instance, will I then be sat in an F seat?
Many thanks
tyddynonn likes this.
SpotTheDog is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:08 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: BAEC, VS FC, LH M&M, ANA Mileage Club
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by SpotTheDog View Post
Hi everyone, I have a strange situation: I've read up on the thread suggested by PETER01 but cannot find any answers, and I wonder whether anyone would be able to help me;

I'm flying on BA460 in July, and have selected my seat in the J cabin, row 14. After having another look at the seat map in MMB, two extra rows have opened up (alongside the standard 10 to 15), rows 2 and rows 4. (oddly no rows 1 or 3) On the BA seat selector, these appear as the same icon as the club world seats in rows 10-15, but are all facing forward, and have seats AB DEFG JK (with A, E,F and K forward facing). Is this a glitch in the system? I can confirm that I am able to select the seats in rows 2 and 4. Just wondering if anyone else has had this before, and what it means? If I select 2 A for instance, will I then be sat in an F seat?
Many thanks
do it, if it's a 777 you'll be in a first seat!
rewardingtrips is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 1:39 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by SpotTheDog View Post
Hi everyone, I have a strange situation: I've read up on the thread suggested by PETER01 but cannot find any answers, and I wonder whether anyone would be able to help me;

I'm flying on BA460 in July, and have selected my seat in the J cabin, row 14. After having another look at the seat map in MMB, two extra rows have opened up (alongside the standard 10 to 15), rows 2 and rows 4. (oddly no rows 1 or 3) On the BA seat selector, these appear as the same icon as the club world seats in rows 10-15, but are all facing forward, and have seats AB DEFG JK (with A, E,F and K forward facing). Is this a glitch in the system? I can confirm that I am able to select the seats in rows 2 and 4. Just wondering if anyone else has had this before, and what it means? If I select 2 A for instance, will I then be sat in an F seat?
Many thanks
As of this afternoon I'm seeing this as well for 2 flights in August. Expertflyer shows the exspected F seat map. I'm flying as a two, so would like to pick two window seats behind each other, but can't do that with only this strange row 2 and Row 4 layout -any suggestions?
barneyb is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 2:24 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Cambridge UK
Programs: BA silver,
Posts: 181
I also have this on BA461 In August. I had booked this thinking that the A350 might be doing two return flights per day. ( The A380 did two rotations to Frankfurt on a daily basis.) So, I wonder if this odd seat plan might be in preparation for the A350 flights?
rjhcambs is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:18 pm
  #10  
Jed
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Posts: 636
I have this showing too for late July. Not sure if the A350 flights were planned for that early though, so Iím remaining pragmatic to the fact that it is a temporary glitch and we may get kicked out from FLUB to Ďseat choice availableí in the regular 48 seat club cabin at any moment between now and the actual flights!
Jed is online now  
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:37 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 12
Iím really glad to see people are experiencing the same thing! Iíd be tempted to change to seat 2A for example, in the hope that if thatís on my boarding pass Iíll be in a First seat anyway. However, my concern is that these may be WT+ seats but itís a glitch in the seat map? What do you think - should I go ahead and choose one of the seats in row 2 or 4? (Bearing in mind thereís only seats A, E, F and K in first, when thereís an additional four seats in the row on the map, on MMB )
SpotTheDog is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 3:41 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
I have this showing too for late July. Not sure if the A350 flights were planned for that early though, so Iím remaining pragmatic to the fact that it is a temporary glitch and we may get kicked out from FLUB to Ďseat choice availableí in the regular 48 seat club cabin at any moment between now and the actual flights!
that would be a great shame if so! Although, it does seem a little ďtoo good to be trueĒ, so perhaps pragmatism is the way forward in this case. Iím travelling with one other, so it would be a shame if we were thrown around the cabin when we already have suitable seats selected (14A and 14B)
SpotTheDog is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 4:54 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA Ag, Ex VS Au, Avis Pres, Enterprise Plat, Ex Marriott Plat, HHonors Ag, Priority Club Au
Posts: 516
This is quite common at t-72 but not heard it popping up a long time in advance. Itís basically because the ba seat map canít cope with the F option. Never seen a good explanation as to what the Ďvirtualí seats map across to. If in doubt, go for a real seat.

However! Beware if you are selecting seats in Flub. You will likely get turfed out to potentially undesirable seats at t-24 if they donít think they will need the F cabin and/or if you arenít Gold or above. If youíre happy to take the chance then you may get to keep your selection.

gliderpilot is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 7:20 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 12


Just to clear any confusion up; I attach a screenshot of the Seat map I am presented with (note that the rows extend to row 15 - I couldnít fit it all on the screen, and all seats are able to be selected)

Surely BA wouldnít offer those seats if you werenít eligible to select them? I do find certain elements strange; only rows 2 and 4, same CW format, but all forward facing, and how Seat 2K is always taken (after running various dummy bookings for the same flight)
SpotTheDog is offline  
Old Jun 3, 19, 7:21 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by gliderpilot View Post
This is quite common at t-72 but not heard it popping up a long time in advance. Itís basically because the ba seat map canít cope with the F option. Never seen a good explanation as to what the Ďvirtualí seats map across to. If in doubt, go for a real seat.

However! Beware if you are selecting seats in Flub. You will likely get turfed out to potentially undesirable seats at t-24 if they donít think they will need the F cabin and/or if you arenít Gold or above. If youíre happy to take the chance then you may get to keep your selection.

Say I went onto MMB at T-72 in order to change my seat - would I be able to select one of the flub seats?
SpotTheDog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: