Wiki Posts
Search

No Change between LGW & LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
No Change between LGW & LHR

I have a flight next week that I now noticed is available from LHR at an earlier (more convenient time) - im currently booked from LGW - when I try to change online it only shows me alternative Gatwick options and nothing from LHR even though there is tons of Avios availability from both - I love the flexibility of being able to change Avios bookings but is an airport change not allowed or can this be done manually via the Gold line? Insights appreciated as always.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Chris9642
I have a flight next week that I now noticed is available from LHR at an earlier (more convenient time) - im currently booked from LGW - when I try to change online it only shows me alternative Gatwick options and nothing from LHR even though there is tons of Avios availability from both - I love the flexibility of being able to change Avios bookings but is an airport change not allowed or can this be done manually via the Gold line? Insights appreciated as always.
Just call and they will do it.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:17 am

If it’s a shorthaul (RFS) booking and you want to change the whole thing, just cancel it and rebook separately.

Otherwise just call the Gold line and rebook - Ł35 change fee.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Because of the airport change, the ticket needs to be reissued rather than revalidated. You could cancel online and rebook.if it's a single.

And if it's a RFS it really ought to be a single.....
armouredant and Foltan like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Ok had a disaster - cancelled and in the tiny few mins it took me to rebook - the 5 seats that showed available on the return vanished - called and managed to get a couple of seats but now flying to Stansted on Cityflyer instead of Heathrow

I do sometimes book one way RFS but for some reason on this occasion I booked as a return. I have at least managed to get the earlier Heathrow option now though.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Ok had a disaster - cancelled and in the tiny few mins it took me to rebook - the 5 seats that showed available on the return vanished ...
This is why I hate the advice that's given here to "cancel and rebook".

It should always be "rebook then cancel", unless that is for some reason not a viable option.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is why I hate the advice that's given here to "cancel and rebook".

It should always be "rebook then cancel", unless that is for some reason not a viable option.
I agree but I had ran out of Avios so needed them back from the cancelled flight to rebook - at least I did manage to get the earlier LHR flight which is what I wanted. Now just need to work out a way home from Stansted at 11pm ;(

Anyone have any experience of the Stansted Cityflyer operation? Same as LCY im guessing?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I agree but I had ran out of Avios so needed them back from the cancelled flight to rebook
In which case calling was definitely the better option! Apart from seats disappearing, sometimes seats show as available and are not in the first place so in my view, cancelling before your new itinerary is secure is never the way to go...
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Anyone have any experience of the Stansted Cityflyer operation? Same as LCY im guessing?
Just like LCY except that you are from STN so the airport experience is completely different;

- Check in desks not open all the time (they did not open until 1hr 30mins before my last CityFlyer flight from STN
- Lounge access is available but when I flew from STN it filled up VERY quickly with paying/Priority Pass customers and very quickly they had shut to further customers (this was not a school holiday or anything either, just a standard Saturday morning in October)
- No Fast Track security (although I remember seeing on a thread elsewhere that there was? For me as BAEC Silver in CE I did not have Fast Track)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Just like LCY except that you are from STN so the airport experience is completely different;

- Check in desks not open all the time (they did not open until 1hr 30mins before my last CityFlyer flight from STN
- Lounge access is available but when I flew from STN it filled up VERY quickly with paying/Priority Pass customers and very quickly they had shut to further customers (this was not a school holiday or anything either, just a standard Saturday morning in October)
- No Fast Track security (although I remember seeing on a thread elsewhere that there was? For me as BAEC Silver in CE I did not have Fast Track)
Not a problem as the issue here is I changed my outbound from LGW to LHR and inbound is now to STN when it was originally to LHR.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:54 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Immigration may take some time as loads of FR flights land around 2300. The last train to Liverpool St is at 0030 so it shouldn't be very difficult to get home. You could also stay overnight at STN, or keep checking for availability to LHR/LGW and change it again...?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
There's National Express and Airport Bus Express services departing throughout the night to Victoria Coach Station, every 15-20 minutes on average, so reaching the centre won't be an issue. Tickets are easy to obtain from National Express and easyBus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.