Wiki Posts
Search

Changi Terminal 1 Lounge Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Changi Terminal 1 Lounge Recommendation

Hi everyone,

AS a BA GCH holder, flying Y, which lounge would be the best to spend a few hours before boarding onto a 13 hour flight?

Also have priority pass at my disposal but am thinking my best bet would be Qantas F?

thanks in advance.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The Qantas First lounge isn’t due to open until December.

I prefer the Qantas Singapore lounge (currently a combined F/J facility) over the BA lounge (mainly due to the superior food and coffee), but it can get crowded around QF departure times.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Lounges are 1 min away from each other so you can try both. But QF is nicer
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
This is getting into the ‘best lounge in T3’ category of repeated question, but FWIW showers and general ambiance nicer in BA, food marginally better in QF,
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:49 pm

I enjoyed both so just lounge hop
BAEC likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:17 am
Original Poster

I have a good couple of hours to burn so will probably do that
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, VS SV, SPG/RITZ Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
The Qantas First lounge isn’t due to open until December.

I prefer the Qantas Singapore lounge (currently a combined F/J facility) over the BA lounge (mainly due to the superior food and coffee), but it can get crowded around QF departure times.
I agree with Genius - prefer Qantas Lounge for the freshly cooked to order food and the better wine (they have some even nicer bottles kept in the back for regulars!). Gets busy until about 8pm local time when the Sydney and Melbourne flights clear out. Another T1 tip if you have time is 'The Jewel' which you have to go to before security - it's connected to T1 and has an indoor rainforest, a crazy waterfall and lots of good shops and restaurants - a fun way to kill an hour before the lounges.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’d second a walk over to the Jewel to see the waterfall and green spaces. Nice area to stretch your legs before the long flight. You can also do early check in and bag drop at the desks in the Early Check In lounge at the Jewel if you arrive before the BA desks open in T1. My taxi driver wasn’t convinced when I asked to be dropped at the Jewel with bags but it worked a treat.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Nomad57
I’d second a walk over to the Jewel to see the waterfall and green spaces. Nice area to stretch your legs before the long flight. You can also do early check in and bag drop at the desks in the Early Check In lounge at the Jewel if you arrive before the BA desks open in T1. My taxi driver wasn’t convinced when I asked to be dropped at the Jewel with bags but it worked a treat.
I second this, just got back to my house here in Singapore from dropping somebody off at the airport. Had a chance to walk around the Jewel for this first time, it was absolutely stunning and a great way to have a walk before a long flight (something that I always appreciate [i will ALWAYS take the tunnels in T5 for example]!)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
is it possible to early check in for T4 from the Jewel as well?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Definilogy
Thanks everyone.
See here for a list of airlines who allow early check in from the Jewel:

Jewel ECI Airlines
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thanks everyone.
Hi.

If you are flying with cathay then early check in is available but only at t4 itself not at the jewel.

Regards

Tbs
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:39 am

Hi everyone,

AS a BA GCH holder, flying Y, which lounge would be the best to spend a few hours before boarding onto a 13 hour flight?

Also have priority pass at my disposal but am thinking my best bet would be Qantas F?

thanks in advance.
I'd say the QF Lounge every time, the space, food and showers (IMO) are better.

On the short refuelling stops (appreciate you've got way more time here), there is always a bit of a scrum for the showers so use QF lounge if travelling with BA, and BA lounge if travelling with QF. The latter always amazes me more people don't turn right and head for the BA Lounge when they are queuing out of the door in QF.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I believe that QF is currently turning away non QF pax due to over crowding. Not sure how consistent this is and whether it’s only during certain times.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I believe that QF is currently turning away non QF pax due to over crowding. Not sure how consistent this is and whether it’s only during certain times.
This doesn't surprise me - plenty of QF/OW elites travelling out of Singapore, especially towards the end of the working week and QF now have up to seven wide departures of their own in five hours in the evenings including the A380s to Sydney, Melbourne and then London later on. I imagine earlier in the week less of an issue and maybe around 8pm when the first "wave" has departed is OK

The hoardings are up for their F lounge so seems to be proceeding on schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.