Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stolen from luggage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:45 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
It seems to be only TSA that leave occasional love letters, and then under contentious and variable conditions. My bags were probably searched by UK BF not TSA.
OP had stuff nicked and went nowhere near USA so this is a bit of a diversion.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by moonunit
Hi all,

Flew back from MAD on BA last night.
This is the third report Ive heard of in the last month ex MAD. Something to be concerned about for sure. Not sure if using the bag wrap service would help in future.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Plastic wrapped cases are a common sight at EZE check-in yet we or anyone we know who don't bother with that faff have ever had any problem with 'stuff' going missing. Like EZE MAD also has a reputation for theft but again I've never heard any stories from travellers who use MAD a lot.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
I've had similar incidents before, once with gifts stolen, once with a TOTALLY trashed case that came out as if it has been on an industrial shredder and had been plastic wrapped together in the sorriest state, and another with the lock smashed in. Surprisingly all three incidents involved flights leaving BCN across three different airlines. Maybe I'm unlucky but haven't checked in a bag there since.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:00 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
One of our suitcases had been opened and searched by MAD customs during our Easter trip to Spain. We had locked it using the code lock. When unpacking at the hotel, there was a tiny card saying ‘inspected by xxx’. If not for the card, we would have been oblivious to the inspection.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A couple of years ago had a few brand new shirts stolen from my luggage (a sports bag) somewhere between EWR-LHR-ARN. Had no receipt so BA offered 50% of the estimated value, which was fine. Not sure if this a standard policy nowadays
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
We can all call out the TSA but as others have said and it seems standard practice, a note is inserted in the luggage and we are asked to use TSA approved locks. With either Spanish Customs or UK border force or security we are non the wiser whether it’s thievery or official intervention. Not good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.