Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gasp! 41 in club europe just now!

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I’ve always found Lisbon flights to have good loads. It does make me wonder why they haven’t added more frequencies.
Simple answer. No slots.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by brunos
Don't forget that a very significant portion of BA longhaul business pax are transfer pax. And they travel in CE.
Europeans are a small proportion of BA FT contributors but a large proportion of their J pax.
Around 35% or more IIRC at LHR. Which just shows how popular an airline BA is despite the bad press!!!
Andriyko likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by PETER01
I've seen the now retired 767's full in CE and which had a front cabin of 50 in that configuration and I can't recall if it went further back but I'm sure I've read that it did.
It went back to row 17 (or 18?) - full to the brim in CE many times on routes such as LCA!
PETER01 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Maybe its a sign of the lengths people will go to to ensure they definitely get a cup of tea with their afternoon tea scone? ;-)
Old May 25, 2019, 10:50 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by PETER01
I've seen the now retired 767's full in CE and which had a front cabin of 50 in that configuration and I can't recall if it went further back but I'm sure I've read that it did.

I'm not sure of the ratio of staff to passengers was higher though compared to the A321/320/319 family. In any case quite a money maker for BA so I hear.
I remember in the days of the 757 it wasn’t rare to only have the very rear cabin for economy.

S
PUCCI GALORE and PETER01 like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
36 Club Europe on a LCY-NCE E190 the other day (just before the start of the Cannes Film Festival). On ex-LCY, they don't top-up extra crew members for higher CE loads, so it was mostly the CSM who hardly paused for breath to give everyone a very good service!
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Our recent MLA had about 10 rows (hard to count from Row 1) and undoubtedly the majority were an annual ‘big treat’. They just didn’t look like ‘regular’ CE pax, if I may put it that way.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6501
It went back to row 17 (or 18?) - full to the brim in CE many times on routes such as LCA!
All the way to row 25 before the last refurbishment. That was quite something.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
I think about 14 rows of CE out to IST last Monday, almost completely full. Maybe 10-11 rows coming back yesterday but with a lighter loading - theoretical Seating kept the 'adjacent' seats empty for Golds in the very front. By contrast, my flight to TIA (Tirane) in a couple of weeks has just gone up from two rows to three in CE with the addition of the third passenger...
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Wow! A 2h40m flight and someone worked without a break for that long! I wonder how the rest of the world manages?

Doc Copper
plus the 45-60 minutes before hand for checks and embarkation and 30-45 minutes on landing g for disembarkation, checks and briefings. This is the real world, like many jobs it is intense work and the OP’s point is perfectly valid.
VSLover, shefgab, EJetter and 2 others like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:38 am

Apart from the default CE premium connectors, maybe the fares and redemptions are too cheap/easy to give a truly premium experience, 'rammed' 'packed' 'rushed' 'not enough crew' 'run out of...' doesnt sound appealing.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Lis is getting busier and busier, 5 years ago I could get really cheap flights even on weekend dates, with decent flight times - not just BA (I find the flight times with BA to be awkward for my specific needs) but the low cost carriers and TAP as well. Since then, though, the amount of people travelling to Lisbon seems to have tripled, it is rare to get a truly low fare these days and all the flights I have taken, even random mid-week, mid-day ones are mostly full. Sure, mostly it is low cost flyers like myself, but when you are looking at less than £100 quid difference between basic economy and CE, I can understand the lure - 2 checked bags, priority, lounge access, food... Only way to get over this is to pretend Lisbon is a horrible destination, tell everyone how horrible the weather is and how crowded the town has become! Much better off flying somewhere nice, like Faro or anywhere south of Spain!

I want my cheap fares back. ;(
Old May 26, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
They just didn’t look like ‘regular’ CE pax, if I may put it that way.
You mean that they still held the hopes and dreams of what being in Business class would mean to their lives?
T8191 and wrp96 like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yrin
Lis is getting busier and busier....
Perhaps CJ could offer flights from LCY, LIS may be more successful than ORY.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Blue
Originally Posted by richardwft

Perhaps CJ could offer flights from LCY, LIS may be more successful than ORY.
LIS is pretty much at capacity as far as I understand it, for nearly a decade there's been talks of creating another airport to support it - but environmental impact and random political/economic nonsense has kept it from happening. LCY to LIS can be done with TAP, unsure how much of a market there is for it though (never flew from LCY myself on any routes).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.