FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   gasp! 41 in club europe just now! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1971247-gasp-41-club-europe-just-now.html)

VSLover May 25, 2019 7:38 am

gasp! 41 in club europe just now!

just landed at LHR from lisbon...i was in row 1 and i noted there just seemed to be endless travs leaving the galley--but i couldnt determine which row the curtain was at, it was so far back.

eventually just asked and she said there were 41 in CE today. and both windows in row 1 were left empty...but very impressive the amount of service they could deliver! they just never seems to take even the slightest break!

DoctorCopper May 25, 2019 7:49 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 31137421)
just landed at LHR from lisbon...i was in row 1 and i noted there just seemed to be endless travs leaving the galley--but i couldnt determine which row the curtain was at, it was so far back.

eventually just asked and she said there were 41 in CE today. and both windows in row 1 were left empty...but very impressive the amount of service they could deliver! they just never seems to take even the slightest break!

Wow! A 2h40m flight and someone worked without a break for that long! I wonder how the rest of the world manages?

Doc Copper

Never Stansted May 25, 2019 8:04 am

Anecdotal, but CE loads this year seem very impressive. I've seen 11-12 rows of CE on MAN a couple of times in the past few weeks, perhaps helped by the regular WCML train closures.

Nickl May 25, 2019 8:04 am

Flying back from Valencia to Heathrow on Bank Holiday Monday. CE goes back to Row 12 so includes both the over wing exit rows. First time I’ve ever seen that although it has been noticeable recently that CE numbers have been increasing on the route

MSPeconomist May 25, 2019 8:06 am

Maybe what's more surprising is that this was a Saturday afternoon flight.

T8191 May 25, 2019 8:11 am

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper (Post 31137433)
Wow! A 2h40m flight and someone worked without a break for that long! I wonder how the rest of the world manages?

Harsh but fair, Doc. :)

FlyerTalker39574 May 25, 2019 8:14 am

How often does the A321 CY218 The BA Source have 14 rows full in CE?

Jed May 25, 2019 8:27 am

11 rows of CE to Bucharest this weekend and I think it was full. Must be people taking advantage of the sale fares from earlier this year!

VSLover May 25, 2019 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 31137490)
11 rows of CE to Bucharest this weekend and I think it was full. Must be people taking advantage of the sale fares from earlier this year!

agreed--thats why i was on it!

the only frustrating thing was the constant queue for the toilet of course. and my strategy of waiting for the line to die down was ineffective bc the moment i looked over my shoulder here came someone else charging up the aisle!

but does seem strange for a flight BACK to london mid-saturday!

Oxon Flyer May 25, 2019 8:57 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31137454)
Maybe what's more surprising is that this was a Saturday afternoon flight.

Why ? Effective market pricing for the leisure traveller fills at least as many CE seats as in weekday business peaks.

MSPeconomist May 25, 2019 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 31137546)
Why ? Effective market pricing for the leisure traveller fills at least as many CE seats as in weekday business peaks.

Perhaps for flights from LHR to LIS, but I wouldn't expect so much in the reverse direction on BA in the middle of the day on a late spring Saturday.

PETER01 May 25, 2019 9:17 am

I've seen the now retired 767's full in CE and which had a front cabin of 50 in that configuration and I can't recall if it went further back but I'm sure I've read that it did.

I'm not sure of the ratio of staff to passengers was higher though compared to the A321/320/319 family. In any case quite a money maker for BA so I hear.

BAeuro May 25, 2019 9:27 am

I’ve always found Lisbon flights to have good loads. It does make me wonder why they haven’t added more frequencies.

orbitmic May 25, 2019 9:35 am

Anyone is welcome to take wild guesses about the number of CE seats on some of BA's services from NCE tomorrow and Monday...

brunos May 25, 2019 9:35 am

Don't forget that a very significant portion of BA longhaul business pax are transfer pax. And they travel in CE.
Europeans are a small proportion of BA FT contributors but a large proportion of their J pax.