Search

Latest flight ex-EU back to LON?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Latest flight ex-EU back to LON?

Hi all,

Looking at booking some flights to the Indian Ocean part of the world and looking at flights, it looks like it'll end up being a Qatar flight connecting via Doha, but probably starting ex-EU due to the vast price difference.

Does anybody know which airports offer the latest direct BA/OW flights back to LON? (Could be LGW, LHR or if it's significantly later even potentially into LTN although that would mean sacrificing the OW part!)

Most airports seem to be around the 9pm/9:30pm mark, but the flights from Doha get back in at around the same time (leaving about 5 minutes to do the connection assuming everything on time on a separate ticket!)

I've also looked at doing a flight which connects through London with an overnight connection and then dropping the last leg, but that doesn't seem to work/help if originally flying out ex-EU. (It just bumps to near the ex-LON price).

Are there any gems I'm missing? The cheapest fares seem to be FCO or MAD so far, but there's no way you'd make another flight back. Return fares seem to be around £1800 pp from those two places on our dates.

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can give. I'm heading back to keep playing around with Google Flights!
Old May 20, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Most airports will not schedule flights to land after a curfew for noise reasons, so you'll be lucky to find anywhere EU (even allowing for the 1 hour time difference) that leaves after 10 pm. Have you looked at returning to other regional airports (BHX, MAN), although you still have the problem of getting home at night. Is there not a night-flight connection through Doha to arrive the next morning? Basically, it is a compromise between travel time (lose a day at your destination) for class of travel.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Basel BSL has a flight departing 22:05 to LHR.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BAEC
Basel BSL has a flight departing 22:05 to LHR.
Which is an excellent illustration of the limits of the question! "Ex-EU" doesn't really mean anything. It is not as if flights from anywhere on the continent (EU or otherwise) was cheaper than from the UK, and Franco-Swiss-German BSL is an excellent example of that. Flights with QR from Switzerland and France alike are often more expensive than from the UK in J. For the Indian Ocean, the OP is right to look at Italy, Scandinavia and South-Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Romania, Istanbul) can have good fares too.
NWIFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.