FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   In First - Meal given to another passenger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1970371-first-meal-given-another-passenger.html)

London21 May 19, 19 10:20 am


Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 31116841)


I think thatís harsh.

This could have been caused by something as simple as a crew member noting down the wrong seat number, or if the pax came to the galley to order, getting passengers mixed up, to something more complex. But as far as Iím aware, all of us make mistakes sometimes.

Quite how this could have been fixed once the meal had been eaten is beyond me if another wasnít loaded. They did try to find something else but the OP said he had allergies and by now was probably feeling quite annoyed!

From the description, it sounds like the CSM could have handled it better (quite what they were Ďbusyí in Club doing 6h40 into the flight I donít know but there could have been other issues). For instance, the OP said he was given 6.5k Avios but I think the CSM could instead have ticked a box to say he couldnít resolve the issue on board so will CR please contact the customer to discuss a resolution. It doesnít sound like that was discussed but maybe the CSM thought 6.5k was sufficient.

It would be nice for any [First] customer to be proactively contacted by CR after an onboard resolution anyway a few days later - it would make people feel valued and would allow BA to measure how well SCCMs are resolving issues onboard.

noting the wrong seat number down proves my point I think. Not rocket science.

STVA May 19, 19 10:20 am

Mistakes happen and sometimes in life you have to roll with the punches, I get that. However, the reason errors like this bother me is that the passengers are paying thousands and thousands pounds/euros/dollars for their tickets. This is not like McDonald's messing up your $7 order. Considering how much profit airlines make off of premium passengers, they need to make sure that everything goes well.

richardwft May 19, 19 10:21 am


Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31116905)
Good job the internet wasn't around when the cheapest fares were five times the equivalent of what they are now. :D

Are you including the current value of additional revenue streams in your comparison?

richardwft May 19, 19 10:32 am


Originally Posted by STVA (Post 31116908)
...Considering how much profit airlines make off of premium passengers, they need to make sure that everything goes well.

If youíve had the delight in corresponding with their customer service team, itís clear they donít really care who the passenger is, how much theyíve spent, what status they hold, their understanding of law including Negligence, Statute of Limitations, Consumer Rights, EU reg EC261:2004 etc, itís very much a get lost attitude, we can fill our planes and collect great revenues.

Andriyko May 19, 19 10:43 am


Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31116823)
Doesnít surprise me.

Generally the ability of BA crew is terrible. Mix the usually laziness they display with lack of ability and this is what you get.

in this case itís a issue of laziness not to check the order and then the lack of IQ to fix it

This is a harsh and unfair generalization. There is no 'usual laziness.'

Duck1981 May 19, 19 10:47 am

Vote with your wallet and book somewhere else

I only use BA for Cont Europe flights but for everything towards Asia my money goes to EK/ QR and towards the States I use AA

(yes I know AA - but I recently I am have enjoyed them more than BA in both in Business & Eco :)

eefor jfp May 19, 19 10:53 am


Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 31116869)
I hate to hear about these service failures, they do not make good reading and of course they should never happen but I have noticed that one off posters appear out of nowhere on these threads to have a pop at BA, they then disappear back into their holes.
Oh well that the joy on the internet, I guess it makes them happy!

To be fair, the OP has almost one thousand posts and ten years as a member of the FT community which is hardly "appear[ing] out of nowhere." And he admitted his post was a rant. Though I suppose you might be referring to the poster who has only 50 posts and five years on FT.

I genuinely appreciate your perspective, CIHY, and your professionalism and knowledge and know that it's not always easy being an employee trying to defend the company. I'm not sure attacking the OP makes those of us observing the conversation more sympathetic to your cause as a member of the cabin crew. Maybe better to let other passengers on the board defend you and your co-workers as a number are doing. YMMV.

CCayley May 19, 19 11:06 am


Originally Posted by eefor jfp (Post 31116959)
To be fair, the OP has almost one thousand posts and ten years as a member of the FT community which is hardly "appear[ing] out of nowhere." And he admitted his post was a rant. Though I suppose you might be referring to the poster who has only 50 posts and five years on FT.

I don't think CIHY was having a go at OP. There was, however, a somewhat illiterate contribution from an occasional poster who referred to the 'usually laziness' (sic) and 'lack of IQ' of BA crews. I'd be pretty irritated if someone referred in this way to me or my colleagues, and the responses that unpleasant and unhelpful contribution provoked, including CIHY's and mine, seem to be proportionate, IMHO.

ScienceTeacher May 19, 19 11:09 am


Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31116823)
Doesnít surprise me.

Generally the ability of BA crew is terrible. Mix the usually laziness they display with lack of ability and this is what you get.

in this case itís a issue of laziness not to check the order and then the lack of IQ to fix it

What an over the top assassination of the very hard working (and intelligent!) BA crew. Iíve met crew that have gone above and beyond their role numerous times and have proactively fixed things displaying a high degree of intelligence.

There are unfortunately occasions where a genuine mistake is made; doesnít mean that every crew member is lazy and has a low IQ!

How would you like to have seen this resolved @London21?

London21 May 19, 19 11:14 am


Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 31116937)
This is a harsh and unfair generalization. There is no 'usual laziness.'

my numerous experiences would leave me to a different conclusion

London21 May 19, 19 11:15 am


Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher (Post 31117010)


What an over the top assassination of the very hard working (and intelligent!) BA crew. Iíve met crew that have gone above and beyond their role numerous times and have proactively fixed things displaying a high degree of intelligence.

There are unfortunately occasions where a genuine mistake is made; doesnít mean that every crew member is lazy and has a low IQ!

How would you like to have seen this resolved @London21?

the staff member disciplined for not doing their job properly

origin May 19, 19 11:17 am


Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31116905)
Good job the internet wasn't around when the cheapest fares were five times the equivalent of what they are now. :D

Yes but I have spent enough time loitering around west london to know that an older disgruntled lady is never satisfied and would have caused much more fuss.

Can I help you May 19, 19 11:17 am

It was the last couple of complainers I commenting on and not the OP.
I never have and will never defend bad service and unprofessional crew, I will always try to explain the reasons for service failure if I can see it from the other side.
What I will not allow to pass are general comments about BA and it’s staff being rubbish etc.

origin May 19, 19 11:20 am


Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31117024)

my numerous experiences would leave me to a different conclusion

I am not so sure we can actually draw a conclusion from this or any event. Sometimes tiredness, and changes to shift patterns can make someone look possibly lazy.

From my experience, I havent done MIA for a few years, but the north east flights, Boston and New York. The cabin crew in First have always been very helpful.

MFCC May 19, 19 11:25 am


Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31116823)
Doesnít surprise me.

Generally the ability of BA crew is terrible. Mix the usually laziness they display with lack of ability and this is what you get.

in this case itís a issue of laziness not to check the order and then the lack of IQ to fix it

I reckon about half of the crew I fly with on MF have at least an undergrad degree or are studying for one. Theyíre more than capable of doing their jobs and they definitely donít lack the IQ or the ability to do so. Letís not make sweeping, insulting generalisations about people you donít know.
The crewmember clearly made a genuine mistake that shouldnít have happened. Iím damn sure they wonít make it again.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.