FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   In First - Meal given to another passenger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1970371-first-meal-given-another-passenger.html)

HMPS May 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by AnaTravel (Post 31135401)
Generalising about all staff is wrong. Same with generalising about all customers. Many have perfectly valid criticisms of BA and express those constructively. Some are angry, frustrated and use the forum to let off steam. Being rude about all staff doesn't impress FT most readers, I'd bet. I have learnt a lot from CC contributors, frequent (and infrequent) flyers on this forum. I thank every one - whether they agree or disagree with me - as different views aid perspective. I think I have a better understanding of the challenges and frustrations of CC from joining FT too. Cheers to you all.

Thank you for a timely and apropos post - reminder. It is easy to pick a part of someone's post and criticize it. I am sure most people can differentiate between the two.

aircrashsurvivor May 26, 2019 6:43 am

Recently flew YYZ TO LGW. CW not F : service was polite kind and efficient: until..... I ordered soup and salad only to get some sleep. Soup was tomato basil,
several minutes later a bowl of light yellow cream soup came, “I thought it was tomato” I said
no it’s been changed to cream of asparagus was the response
In all my years of flying never seen cream of asparagus EVER. But I took a spoonful and promptly returned the “soup” to the bowl..
called the flight attendant over to verify the soup again
saying I didn’t know what it was but it wasn’t Asparagus:
was told again it was yellow tomato soup.....
Now it was was getting silly .....
CSD finally came and said they had a brand new crew member training and she accidentally served the cream custard that was supposed to go on top of the dessert as my soup instead .......
Thus ended my dinner. At that point I didn’t fancy the tomato soup anymore 😂😂😂

Mike Skyflier May 26, 2019 9:12 am

Brilliant,did make me laugh. Hope nobody complained about the soup on their desert! 😁

joejet May 26, 2019 11:39 am

Just to let you all know I got an email from BA upping the 6500 Avios onboard to 20000, thanks for all the replies.

subject2load May 26, 2019 12:15 pm

You obviously did the right thing in making a formal written complaint.

20K seems a reasonable offer.

As for the original 6.5K gesture .... I’m struggling to think of ANY significant service failure in a First class cabin (and not receiving your pre-ordered F meal is certainly significant) where 6.5K could be considered an appropriate level of compensation.

Still somewhat incredulous at the thought of the other pax being pointlessly told that they had been given your meal :rolleyes:

HMPS May 26, 2019 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by flygirl68 (Post 31130756)

I was talking about those who think we are thick.

Did not read that ! If you infer that , your right. But then it becomes your opinion .....The word "thick" can also be interpreted differently.

BTW I do not lump a whole group of people into ONE category. Each of us contributes to the society, some more than others.

Jagboi May 26, 2019 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor (Post 31139730)
CSD finally came and said they had a brand new crew member training and she accidentally served the cream custard that was supposed to go on top of the dessert as my soup instead .......

Should have asked for apple pie to go with it! Have a reverse dinner, start with dessert and end with salad.

DeathSlam May 27, 2019 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31141577)
Should have asked for apple pie to go with it! Have a reverse dinner, start with dessert and end with salad.

There is a famous psychologist who does exactly this because he enjoys seeing how servers handle the cognitive dissonance.

itsmeitisss May 27, 2019 4:20 am

Originally Posted by London21 (Post 31117026)

the staff member disciplined for not doing their job properly

Perhaps you should get a reference from your employer showing how you have never ever, EVER made a mistake in your working career. In the absence of such reference glass houses and stones springs to mind.

itsmeitisss May 27, 2019 4:29 am

Originally Posted by HMPS (Post 31121481)
What a terrific Eureka moment. Amazing BA thinks novice CC can and should service F .:rolleyes:

And you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that just because you are experienced that you don't make mistakes. I'm not sure that this incident could have been prevented simply by experience. Stating that it would not have happened is unconvincing. Greater overcatering for F might have, or the CSD/M being able to get to the customer rather than the customer being forced to find the CSD/M would have been an improvement. Having a CSD actually manage and only assist CW service when it is really necessary would have greatly helped.

Ancient Observer May 27, 2019 5:06 am

DeathSlam,
Laurie Taylor (Sociology Prof and Radio 4 presenter) says that Irving Goffman used to do that.

nancypants May 27, 2019 5:46 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam (Post 31141819)
There is a famous psychologist who does exactly this because he enjoys seeing how servers handle the cognitive dissonance.

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 31142213)
DeathSlam,
Laurie Taylor (Sociology Prof and Radio 4 presenter) says that Irving Goffman used to do that.

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 31141577)

it’s fascinating to me that cognitive dissonance is associated with this. Service a la russe is really quite a modern development

DeathSlam May 27, 2019 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 31142213)
DeathSlam,

We both listened to the same show :) You researched\remembered it better though.

DeathSlam May 27, 2019 6:04 am

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31142271)
Service a la russe is really quite a modern development

Yes, and the idea of romantic love is an invention of the 16th century. You can imagine what a hit I am on the dating scene...

nancypants May 27, 2019 6:15 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam (Post 31142315)
Yes, and the idea of romantic love is an invention of the 16th century. You can imagine what a hit I am on the dating scene...

i’m sure you’re utterly delightful 😉