Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787-9 first without washroom

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 3:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic

788 are very small planes, mostly there to replace long haul 767. I’m sure some airlines may have fitted F but I can’t actually think of any among the airlines I fly regularly. Even many have chosen not to on 789s.
I think Xiamen Air have them on their 788s
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
I realise this is not a great situation but would you actually change travel plans because of no washroom !?! Just a few steps back to J cabin would sort it ? No ?
There may be all sorts of health/personal reasons why the OP might want convenient access to the toilet. It wouldn't be a usual response, but if it matters to the OP, so be it.
orbitmic and windowontheAside like this.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PETER01
Finally a warm welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board mint1 seeing as my fellow Ambassador @orbitmic forgot to do so
Indeed! A belated welcome and apologies to mint1! Unfortunately, when accessing Flyertalk from a phone I don't see who is new hence missing you, but very glad to welcome you here! ^
Old May 15, 2019, 6:40 pm

I assume when BA decided on the aircraft spec, they decided that managing without an F toilet in the hardly unusual event of single unit unserviceability was an acceptable compromise of the F (which is actually IMHO a J+) hard product. I only ever use BA F on the cheap redemptions via AA Miles, so fine by me, but if I was paying top whack cash fare, I think I'd be unhappy, especially with the lack of pre-warning if the problem has been ongoing for a while or on a LHR originating trip. I doubt whether many passengers would change travel plans, but it would be courteous to at least warn.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by frandrake
I do understand the OP frustration. I guess one flies F also for the privacy and secluded atmosphere of the cabin. Having to mix and mingle in a larger environment could be a just cause for swapping flights - if one is told, of course.
I personally would say its the convenience and not having to wait. When you are sharing the CW toilets with that entire cabin, the rest of F and the crwe all of a sudden there can be quite the wait! Its bad enough in F on the 789 at the end of a night flight when the F toilet is working with thew queue and people do their teeth etc, but this will just amke the situation even worse!

It is certainly fair to say I would be a bit annoyed if the toilet has been broken for some time and not fixed, equally in this day and age there is an argument we should just be glad the 789 got F with BA and if a single possible faulty toilet is the price to pay then its worth it!
Old May 16, 2019, 12:45 am

..."we should just be glad the 789 got F with BA and if a single (&) possibly faulty toilet is the price to pay then its worth it!"

If anyone from BA Customer Relations is reading, perhaps you should add this to your "Faulty 787 F bogs" crib sheet as the standard cut-and-paste reply!
Ldnn1, subject2load and nancypants like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01 Finally a warm welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board mint1 seeing as my fellow Ambassador @orbitmic forgot to do so
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed! A belated welcome and apologies to mint1! Unfortunately, when accessing Flyertalk from a phone I don't see who is new hence missing you, but very glad to welcome you here! ^
My bad there @orbitmic, something I didn't know in my tongue-in-cheek/ teasing post. sorry!

Old May 16, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PETER01
My bad there @orbitmic, something I didn't know in my tongue-in-cheek/ teasing post. sorry!
Not at all, you were entirely right!! The fact that I could not see that OP was one of our new joiners does not mean that it is not important to greet them and I am actually glad that you told me ! ^
PETER01 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex Premier
Originally Posted by CCayley
This is FT! Here, if the number of responses is anything to go by, knowing that the guy in 1A will be bringing McNuggets on board would be enough to make some change their plans.
This. 100%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.