Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ice Cream in WT & WT+

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Ice Cream in WT & WT+

I was reading somewhere that on long haul daytime flights Ice Cream is now given out. Is this only out of Heathrow and not on the return flight? Is it something you have to ask for?
Old May 15, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I did LGW-JFK-LHR in March this year

We got ice cream from LGW to JFK (BA2273) but not from JFK to LHR (BA116)
Old May 15, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Ice cream (mini magnums) is only on long haul flights leaving LHR before 1630 or 1700 I believe. On later flights and return sectors there's tuck boxes loaded and available in the galley.

I think technically there's only enough loaded for economy (WT) passengers, but occasionally you might see a basket pass with them in premium cabins if enough people in the back are asleep.

It'll be served roughly mid way through the flight. You'll miss out of you're asleep. It's not on request (unless you miss it).
Old May 15, 2019, 1:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Only departing Heathrow and Gatwick unfortunately and yes it has to be a daytime flight. If you are awake you won't miss it, it happens approx halfway through the flight. Search for "magnums" for more information.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by shefgab
I think technically there's only enough loaded for economy (WT) passengers, but occasionally you might see a basket pass with them in premium cabins if enough people in the back are asleep.
I managed two in CW. But that was after chatting with one of the CC in upper deck galley so maybe they thought they’d be extra generous! 🙂
Old May 15, 2019, 2:57 am

I have a weird question

If i fall asleep and miss this, can i go back and ask for one when i wake up?
Old May 15, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You can but unless the crew have put any left over back on dry ice it might not be an easy experience.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
I have a weird question

If i fall asleep and miss this, can i go back and ask for one when i wake up?
Sure, but it might be a little melted! If you don't want to miss out, ask when the ice cream will be served and set an alarm.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
had it on all my flights to and from LHR to BOM and from LHR to the USA
now sometimes the dry ice is not great.. so it becomes a milk shake
Old May 15, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Cool, thanks. I’m guessing this is only for WT passengers and it wouldn’t extend to WTP?
Old May 15, 2019, 5:47 am

Got it twice on LHR-ICN couple of weeks ago. I was half asleep and woke to movement when FA opened the curtain between WT and WTP. But yes, those on full snore mode missed out. For the life of me can't remember how long into the flight was it.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bluegreen2
Cool, thanks. I’m guessing this is only for WT passengers and it wouldn’t extend to WTP?
As mentioned above - the Magnums are loaded for WT, but the more people asleep / decline, the more likely WTP will get them (high chance of that), and they do get to CW (I'm running at 100% strike rate there) and First too. You can ask the crew to look out for you if there are any left.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
As mentioned above - the Magnums are loaded for WT, but the more people asleep / decline, the more likely WTP will get them (high chance of that), and they do get to CW (I'm running at 100% strike rate there) and First too. You can ask the crew to look out for you if there are any left.
I’m sure they offered them to WT+ pax on my trip to PIT recently. Whether the fact the flight was lightly-loaded made a difference I don’t know.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are now loaded for WT and WT plus customers, I also offer them in the other cabins as I hate them to waste, I do explain these may not always be available, however the company policy is for them only to be served in the WT cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.