Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turn around in Luxembourg

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Turn around in Luxembourg

Tomorrow I'm doing a tier point run to LUX returning on the same plane. I've never flown there before but is it an easy turnaround or will I have to go back through security etc again?
Old May 13, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
We have a great and useful thread for B2B on BA network, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tinations.html
Ask over there or read the thread for some tips etc
navylad likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
There is a flight connections route but it wasn’t opened when I arrived. That said it’s relatively quick to come out through arrivals and go back through departures but there’s lots of walking through duty free shops and you will have inbound and outbound immigration from/to the non Schengen pier so do t dawdle,
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:45 am

As has been said, you have to go out and then back in.

At the moment, the morning flight has 55 minutes on the ground and the evening flight has an hour. This is in your favour.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. It all went OK in the end, although I did have to go out and back through security. There is an signed area just before passport control by the toilets for transfers back through - with an intercom that it asks you to press. I spoke to a rather rude gentleman who seemed very inconvenienced by me having disturbed him and told me to call back when it was an hour before my flight (it was about 55 minutes before at this time). I called back 5 minutes later and he said someone would be down in a few minutes and angrily told me not use the intercom again. Anyway, 10 minutes later there was no sign of anyone, so not wanting to risk it I went through passport control and back through security. It was quite late in the day so not too busy, although there didn't seem to be any priority lane at that time.

I'm doing the return legs of my nested trip next week, so think I'll just get off early and not risk the ire of the transfer intercom this time!
Old May 15, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Useful info as I’m doing this soon also. One, for TP’s & two for a T3 crawl !! 👍🍻
Old May 15, 2019, 3:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don’t think anyone has managed to successfully use that connection channel. I would advise just ignoring it and heading landside instead.
Old May 15, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don’t think anyone has managed to successfully use that connection channel. I would advise just ignoring it and heading landside instead.
agreed - i have gone out and back again through security on my back-to-backs at LUX. Never had a problem with time.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:32 pm

Yeah, it was a mistake to wait there especially as an EU passport means no delays at immigration.

I did this turnaround a few weeks back. On arrival, checkin was still open (T-55ish), so I got a boarding pass printed. A first for me on a back-to-back! After security, still time for 15 minutes in the lounge.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Ha and I thought it was only me having encountered the rude intercom man at LUX. Had to go out and go back in, but as this airport is so small, not a big issue..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.