Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rant about booking Flight/Car and utter failure of BA Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club

I am trying and failing to book a very simple Business return to ORD, with a hire car for one day. It has so far taken nearly an hour and still no success. The 'create custom trip' is utterly broken and keeps crashing.

Each time I try it, I either get told 'there are no flight to ORD on the day' (despite their being multiple options') and when I manage to get it to show the flights, it then doesnt select them. Once I try again, I can select the flights, but then when I try to click to complete I get a message telling me their servers are down, try again later.

Does BA not want to take my money? I have rarely encountered such an appallingly bad way of trying to book a simple flight.

Sorry, rant over, but is it me or is this a common woe others have too?
Old May 10, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Call them ?
Old May 10, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Have you tried booking flight only, then adding the car for the night you require at the next stage rather than custom trip maker ?
AlanA likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Have you tried booking flight only, then adding the car for the night you require at the next stage rather than custom trip maker ?
Yes - tried that and it still crashed.

Ended up calling them to sort - then tried to see if I could upgrade outbound sector from J-F (showing as £200 on normal booking system), to discover that to do this would on their system add a £3000 to the ticket, rather than £200 - a very, very odd system!
Old May 10, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Seems like the entire site is down now (https://www.britishairways.com)
Old May 10, 2019, 6:55 am
Original Poster

How odd! Ultimately BA call centre to the rescue - once ticketed, they managed to fix it and sort out the upgrade to F too!

My faith is restored :-)
Old May 10, 2019, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Seems like the entire site is down now (https://www.britishairways.com)
it's working for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.