Wiki Posts
Search

787 cancellations to AUH summer 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
787 cancellations to AUH summer 2019

Latest 787 cancellations. I rebooked to DXB, own cost to get to AUH. I can see I've been rebooked in Z. The TP/avios counter on MMB looks right at the moment, but I suspect I'll have to argue at the time.

Flights/Dates affected
BA73 LHR AUH 08, 09, 10, 11, 20 & 21 June 2019

BA72 AUH LHR 09, 10, 11, 12, 21 & 22 June 2019
Tickets issued by 09 May 2019
Rebook on BA
Use options from Conditions of Carriage BA Cancellations

Origin/Destination/Stopover changes
Yes - Rebook onto a British Airways operated service between London (LHR) and Dubai (DXB) or v.v., either up to 3 days before OR 3 days after the original travel date.
Rebook into the same class or lowest available in the same cabin
Advise customer that any consequential costs for the change in gateway will be at their own expense, e.g. taxi, hotel, car hire, public transport. Add a remark into the booking that you have advised the customer.

Refunds Allowed
Yes - as per Conditions of Carriage

Redemptions included
Yes

Important Information
  • One involuntary ticket change allowed
  • Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Old May 9, 2019, 5:28 am

So BA require you to fly somewhere else but leave you to pay for getting to your original destination?
Old May 9, 2019, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
So BA require you to fly somewhere else but leave you to pay for getting to your original destination?
That's the policy. I recall last year some people objecting and I think (?) they got the cost although they may have been on a "holiday". Given AUH to my hotel is ~AED120 and DXB to hotel is ~AED320 I couldn't be bothered. Others will and should, of course, have their own view.

However if it posts as F/Z 0/0 I most definitely will be bothered!
Old May 9, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by rjn21
That's the policy. I recall last year some people objecting and I think (?) they got the cost although they may have been on a "holiday".
I'm not surprised they were reimbursed, because BA's policy directly contradicts the requirements of Article 8 of EC 261: "When, in the case where a town, city or region is served by several airports, an operating air carrier offers a passenger a flight to an airport alternative to that for which the booking was made, the operating air carrier shall bear the cost of transferring the passenger from that alternative airport either to that for which the booking was made, or to another close-by destination agreed with the passenger."

It's also worth noting that Article 8 is not subject to the time limits that apply to the payment of compensation so it's applicable irrespective of the length of time before the flight that the cancellation is announced.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I'm flying on 21st June to DXB, having switched from AUH at the last minute of the booking process!

The annoyance, is that the DXB services will now be far busier - drat!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.