Wiki Posts
Search

What is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
I have anxiety and it gets particularly bad when i am travelling. I panic about numerous things and really, it helps being on the plane when i am stressed out as it is and also it means that i can ensure i have my medication above me which relaxes me a bit. Considering i fly so much, i dont actually like being in the air, especially over the Atlantic. But being on there and settled in my seat makes me feel better.

Hence me being, what you lot call, "Gate lice".
As long as you are not cutting in or pushing and shoving when you join the queue is no one else's business. There are more benefits to being a "gate louse" than casually sitting around and finding no remaining space in the overhead or taking longer to get seated because those ahead of you are still sorting themselves out. I like getting to the airport and on the plane early too. Flying doesn't stress me. Being late and rushing does.
T8191, MiraculousM and JayeJ like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Fraser
Or my favourite,...flying Garuda ex-DPS where the gate agent held a "Business Class" placard and simultaneously rang a handheld bicycle bell whilst shouting "Business Class! Business Class!".
Which, for those in First, will subconsciously translate to “Unclean! Unclean!”

HMPS and MADPhil like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
As long as you are not cutting in or pushing and shoving when you join the queue is no one else's business. There are more benefits to being a "gate louse" than casually sitting around and finding no remaining space in the overhead or taking longer to get seated because those ahead of you are still sorting themselves out. I like getting to the airport and on the plane early too. Flying doesn't stress me. Being late and rushing does.
Oh no.. not at all.. I just make sure i am the first in group 5 haha
Badenoch likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:15 am
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
I suspect the lady doth protest too much... as one says and the massive insecurities were shared with the individual clutching the J ticket, that thought himself ‘classier’ than the pompous couple in 1st class. The physical descriptors and derogatory comments on appearance are just as rude in my opinion.

It’s PHX and it’s not called Snottsdale, the new money, but not quite enough money to make it to LA, San Francisco or New York capital of the USA for nothing. The place is infamous for such displays. I’m lucky I don’t have Nieman Marcus stamped into my forehead every time one of them has let a door slam in my face...
T8191 and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Dambus

Which, for those in First, will subconsciously translate to “Unclean! Unclean!”

Or "THe Great Unwashed" !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.