Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Marmite

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Marmite is crazy expensive here in the US, It's on my import list whenever I go home for that reason. Usually accompanied by Branston Pickle, HP sauce and Yorkshire gold tea bags for the same reasons. If my bag ever got crushed in transit there would be a hazmat incident!
origin and T8191 like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
errrr - this is really off topic of the Marmite 100 discussion

But Marmite can be bought in Canada - it's not banned. There was discussion about the salt level and so I don't know if there is reduced salt levels. I have people travelling BA trying to pick up the IPA and Marmite - but it appears the crews are snaffling it all up - Booooo.

If the IPA and Marmite are such a success / in short supply or demand totally underestimated, then BA should get more in. I felt very excited about both the marmite and IPA only to be disappointed and underwhelmed.

To make it worse, now that Toronto is served by MF - all my previous "gentlemen callers:" from LH no longer night stop in Toronto. (double booooo)
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont really do food shopping.

But a family member is unwell and I am helping out.

Do their online shopping, the peanut marmite is a featured product.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
If you want to be VERY afraid, consider the product in this link ...

https://www.marmite.co.uk/marmite-peanut-butter

We haven’t found it on sale in Jersey yet, but will keep looking.
Oh, YESSSSS ... it has reached Jersey, and we both had some on toast for breakfast.

Good crunchy Peanut Butter, with only a very light touch of Marmite to cut through the sweetness. As it says on the ‘tin’, it does need a stir as the oils separate and rise to the surface.

Will definitely buy again!
KeaneJohn and wilsnunn like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Oh, YESSSSS ... it has reached Jersey, and we both had some on toast for breakfast.

Good crunchy Peanut Butter, with only a very light touch of Marmite to cut through the sweetness. As it says on the ‘tin’, it does need a stir as the oils separate and rise to the surface.

Will definitely buy again!
What is this new devilry ? Not sure if a "light" touch of Marmite is enough for me but will give it a try..
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We’re taking a small jar of Marmite for our friends in Virginia. As she is 2nd generation Scottish (from Wisconsin) she might like it ... possibly!
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Marmite is crazy expensive here in the US, It's on my import list whenever I go home for that reason. Usually accompanied by Branston Pickle, HP sauce and Yorkshire gold tea bags for the same reasons. If my bag ever got crushed in transit there would be a hazmat incident!
PGTips to wash marmite toast down?
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
But as Vegemite is a rip-off of Marmite, it wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Marmite.

Vegemite just shouldn't even be allowed to share shelf with Marmite, it's a mere pretender in the 'what to slap on toast' league.
Crismyth likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
When I was last dunnunder, I was told all about Vegemite. It is made from floor sweepings and scrubbing, ....
They were clearly pulling your leg. We tell Poms that so they'll find it acceptable to the British palate.
Ancient Observer and argonath like this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: BA
Never mind Marmite, what I really want to know is if I can bring durians onboard a BA flight?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by alvinlwh
Never mind Marmite, what I really want to know is if I can bring durians onboard a BA flight?
You must be joking.. I had 100 tonnes of durian onboard once. The smell was just overpowering.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by rapidex
You must be joking.. I had 100 tonnes of durian onboard once. The smell was just overpowering.
I was half joking. I had a debate with my father once, he said durians are banned on planes, but I see nothing stating that it is banned. So a real answer will be nice.

It could be classed as a weapon I suppose.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by alvinlwh
I was half joking. I had a debate with my father once, he said durians are banned on planes, but I see nothing stating that it is banned. So a real answer will be nice.

It could be classed as a weapon I suppose.
It was definitely banned on MAS , I dont know if it still is
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Who knew Marmite is the most confiscated item at London City Airport security. I was hoping for some in the goody bag for the Golden Ticket event but I got the 100 badge. BA staff got marmite. Slightly off topic has anybody seen the Marmite cricket campaign?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.