Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LPA Sala Galdos lounge not available to BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:24 am

Bit naughty its still listed then, wonder if you could take BA to task over that as it's misleading.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paulaf
Bit naughty its still listed then, wonder if you could take BA to task over that as it's misleading.
Yes it is. Most things IT related and none urgent take an age to change. The only thing I'd say is although it's been while, they might be in the process of negotiating a deal, also bearing in mind that the LHR route is cancelled soon and it will be LGW.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:40 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
CTA has no Lounge and no vouchers given for anything.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
LPA is probably not worth the lounge investment for BA. I would suggest this is a reward J ticketing route mainly rather than a “serious” route. Could you not book Iberia J if you are desperate to use a lounge?
The one downside of flying Iberia via say Madrid is that you only get 20 tier points in J on the LPA-MAD sector. So Iberia LPA-MAD-LHR in J = 60 TP vs BA LPA-LHR direct = 80TP as I discovered last November. Plus it takes at least 7 hours vs 4 hours flying directly though you would potentially get to use the excellent MAD T4s lounge en-route (if lounges are your thing)

I would not be happy to do without the lounge access having paid the premium to travel CE. The seat in CE is not really any better than ET so the extra £ you pay is not just for the seat on the plane. It's for the lounge access on the ground too.

I think I might be inclined to go CE outbound and ET inbound + pay for lounge access in LPA. Or avoid Gran Canaria as a destination altogether which if we all did the same won't help BA keep the route longer term.

Last edited by AJA_; Jul 26, 2019 at 4:20 am Reason: Omitted letter in wording
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:37 am

Yes have flown via Madrid once before and the 7+ hours is not worth it compared to flying direct. We can always pay to access the lounge by booking before we go or pay on the door as we had to this year, but would obviously prefer if it was included like it used to be! We've gained on another lounge we fly regularly to that BA now include that we used to pay for separately so it swings in roundabouts. Whoever is flying next out of LPA should tell BA about the anomaly on their website to see if they can get access.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:22 am

Is there any update on this, it's still listed on the BA website so are people getting in? It doesn't show on my MMB so confused. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Is there any update on this, it's still listed on the BA website so are people getting in? It doesn't show on my MMB so confused. Thanks
I don't think so, but one could always use their Priority Pass or Diners card (as I do).
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:22 am

I don't have one of those unfortunately just used to get in with BA.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:42 am
Original Poster

I don't have one of those unfortunately just used to get in with BA.
As outlined earlier in this post you can of course pay cash to enter. I suspect it'll not be reopened to BA, especially as the LHR route will no longer exist soon.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:58 am

Hope the Gatwick route doesn't disappear too, yes might have to pay if BA doesn't consider Gatwick passengers good enough to give lounge access to!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Hope the Gatwick route doesn't disappear too, yes might have to pay if BA doesn't consider Gatwick passengers good enough to give lounge access to!
Well you never know what will happen with routes but as it's a year round destination in terms of holidays ex UK I think it'll be kept on, whether it's LHR or LGW in future. I fly the LHR route and it's always pretty full.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:20 am

And do you have a card to get into the lounge? Yes my Gatwick flight is usually pretty full too.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
And do you have a card to get into the lounge? Yes my Gatwick flight is usually pretty full too.
The route is switching from LHR to LGW in October and going from once weekly to three times weekly, so I doubt it’s about to be dropped (despite the last false start for the LGW route in 2015) I am surprised they haven’t sorted out the lounge access yet though especially with the increase in flights.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:37 am

I've just emailed BA to ask and point out the discrepancy to my MMB and their lounge location list, see what they say in due course.
Tobias-UK and volar like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:50 pm

I'm not flying back from LPA until early next year but this was the reply I received:

Thank you for writing to The Club about your lounge access query.

"I am pleased to inform you that you will be able to access the 'AENA Sala Galdos' lounge at Gran Canaria Airport Depatures Area.

I hope you find this information useful."

I'm still not convinced as my MMB isn't updated so have replied asking when the contract will be renewed as I don't want to be bounced again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.