LPA Sala Galdos lounge not available to BA

Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

LPA Sala Galdos lounge not available to BA

Hi. I'd forgotten to ask about this until now. I flew LPA LHR just over a week ago in CE. I've flown the route fairly frequently. At check-in we were given a letter stating that the lounge was not available today and that they hoped to welcome us there in the future. We were given a 10 voucher to use elsewhere. I went to the lounge to investigate and it was fully operational. I asked the staff and was told that they had ended their agreement with BA.

Can anyone shed any light on this and also is there an IB lounge that as silver status I could use?

Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
LPA = Gran Canaria.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
LPA = Gran Canaria.
Is that a question? It doesn't answer anything??
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:19 pm

I think it's just for clarification in case others don't know where LPA is or to save them having to look it up.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
The dashboard suggests that this is the only OW lounge available. But if there has been a recent change then this may not have been updated. Perhaps @Prospero could update the dashboard? However, the OW lounge database also shows this as available. Perhaps this too needs updating.

Try sending a tweet to BA to find out more.

Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
The Iberia lounge is the Sala Galdos - so no alternative, unfortunately.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
The dashboard suggests that this is the only OW lounge available. But if there has been a recent change then this may not have been updated. Perhaps @Prospero could update the dashboard? However, the OW lounge database also shows this as available. Perhaps this too needs updating.

Try sending a tweet to BA to find out more.

It's not a One World lounge. It's not linked to Iberia, other than their business class pax can use it. It's an independent lounge.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Is that a question? It doesn't answer anything??
No one can answer anything without knowing which airport you are talking about - your frequent airports are not mine nor anyone else's. Always include the location.

You are far less likely to get assistance from anyone here if a separate browser window has to opened to google the airport code of your post

MSPeconomist is assisting your thread.
GVA, happeemonkee, VSLover and 6 others like this.

Last edited by noFODplease; Apr 18, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
It's not a One World lounge. It's not linked to Iberia, other than their business class pax can use it. It's an independent lounge.
Have you looked at the OW lounge database? It lists a number of lounges that are not operated by OW airlines but for which you would have access depending on status and airline.

Furthermore there are some airports that both BA and IB fly from which BA dont have a lounge available to access but IB do. They might be part of the same alliance and parent company but clearerly they dont co-ordinate on some areas and this appears to be one.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish

Have you looked at the OW lounge database? It lists a number of lounges that are not operated by OW airlines but for which you would have access depending on status and airline.

Furthermore there are some airports that both BA and IB fly from which BA dont have a lounge available to access but IB do. They might be part of the same alliance and parent company but clearerly they dont co-ordinate on some areas and this appears to be one.
Quite. So much for One World. So Iberia business class pax get access and BA business class don't. I'm silver status at the moment and that made no difference either. So two of us shared a bottle of wine in the mayhem of the main departure area costing 27!!!.... in Spain. Thankfully 20 was voucher. Hopefully they'll sort this. It's not really the proposition BA put out in the world is it. First world problems I know, but hey, we pay for money.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Have a look at the wiki in the BA lounge thread BA Lounge Database | Europe

There are a few places without lounge provision, mostly LGW leisure routes where I imagine the fares perhaps do not support provision of a lounge.

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG, CGN, CTA, FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), NUE (lounge is airside but register landside), PMO (landside), SPU, For RHO (see this post), TLL

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV, BRI (€25 walk up fee), DLM, JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18), PFO, SVG (no PP access, NOK 300 walk-in fee option - see post 359and post 465).
BA has in the last year reduced the number of lounge-less routes but a few still remain. If this really is a significant problem there are always options connecting via MAD on to IB to LPA, or even just use another airline and pay for the lounge - there is plenty of choice from the UK to LPA.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat (again!)
I'm travelling LHR-LPA tomorrow, return 27Apr. Just sent BA a tweet asking about LPA lounge access, and they responded saying CE pax use the Sala Galdos lounge. I wrote back quoting this thread, waiting to here what they say.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hoboken1K
I'm travelling LHR-LPA tomorrow, return 27Apr. Just sent BA a tweet asking about LPA lounge access, and they responded saying CE pax use the Sala Galdos lounge. I wrote back quoting this thread, waiting to here what they say.
yes the thing I meant to include in my post was this seems an unusual case where a lounge was offered but based on the OPs experience it seems to have now gone in to the no lounge list. Let us know what happens.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:16 am

It's still listed as available for BA pax on the BA website too under lounge locations.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:50 am

Is there any update to this or resolution please, will be booking a flight to LPA soon? Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.