Heathrow T5 question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Centurion
Heathrow T5 question

Hi,

Hope someone can help.

I will soon be flying from Heathrow T5 to Dublin on BA836. Does this flight depart from the main T5 terminal, where all the shopping is?

I assumed it did but I am connecting via Gatwick and when I attempted to book a car, I was asked if I was going to T5 domestic or T5 international. I didn't know there was a difference. If there is, where do the Dublin flights depart from? (I know it's international but it's part of the Common Travel Area.)

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
T5 is T5 from the front door departures perspective, regardless of whether flights leave from T5A, B, or C you go through the same security. Your flight will mostly likely depart from T5A (where the shops are).

the only time Domestic or International is in any way relevant is if you are being picked up from arrivals as they might want to know which exit to stand near.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
IME (limited) the DUB flights went from the main T5.

No idea why you were asked about Domestic/International, unless they were thinking of check-in time limits.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
As you seem to be a GCH just ask the car to drop you at the last ebtrance to T5 as that is the door nearest to the First Wing - average time from kerb to a drink in your hand in the Flounge is about 5 minutes!
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Centurion
Good. That sounds like it's cleared up. Thank you all!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
DUB/UK flights only ever board from gates in the main T5A building. The gates there are the only ones with the biometrics.
the_outcast likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:34 am
Suspended

Thumbs up best of luck

best of luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.