Wiki Posts
Search

Tier year for collecting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Tier year for collecting

Mine ends Nov 8....if I begin flights on Nov 6 but the second leg arrives Nov 8 do I receive tier points within my tier year?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Any flights scheduled to depart up to 23.59 on 8th will count towards your existing membership year. They may initial post to the new year but will then be removed/transferred to the previous year.
MSPeconomist and DeathSlam like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Just confirmed that BA will give me the 14 day grace period so that as long as I complete my leg that achieves tier by midnight Nov 22 I am okay. I have heard of the 14 day grace period before but wanted to confirm.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by testycal
Just confirmed that BA will give me the 14 day grace period so that as long as I complete my leg that achieves tier by midnight Nov 22 I am okay. I have heard of the 14 day grace period before but wanted to confirm.
You don't need the 14-day grace period if the flight that arrives on the 8th takes you to the desired tier.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In fact, don't ask for the grace period if you don't need it as you want the later flight(s), after you've requalified and are in the grace period, to count for next year's requalification.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by testycal
... as long as I complete my leg that achieves tier by midnight Nov 22 ...
As madfish has already said, it has absolutely nothing to do with the date on which the flight is completed. It depends solely on the scheduled local departure date/time of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.