Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GLA lounge closing for full refurb 4th - 20th June 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLA lounge closing for full refurb 4th - 20th June 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
I went through yesterday, the floors were all stripped and all the furniture was moved and piled into the rear corner of the lounge (i.e. furthest away from the reception desks). Looks like quite a significant refurb to me, although a lot will depend on whether they just put the old furniture back, or update it all.... Sign on the door said due to be completed on 17th June.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
Glasgow airport website says closed until 17th July. Surely an error given the info in this thread?
Originally Posted by Pearcey606
Sign on the door said due to be completed on 17th June.
Lots of different dates being mentioned in this thread, I wonder whether any of them will actually stick?!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Lots of different dates being mentioned in this thread, I wonder whether any of them will actually stick?!
wonder if it’s the same contractors that did the first refurb as that was way overschedule.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
wonder if it’s the same contractors that did the first refurb as that was way overschedule.
That was a major bit of work converting from the old bmi lounge. Would expect this to be much less effort and quicker, but time will tell...
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
The lounge is open for business this morning. Can’t say I really notice any differences other than it looking a bit fresher
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by lcyguy
The lounge is open for business this morning. Can’t say I really notice any differences other than it looking a bit fresher
Thats mildly disappointing, but at least apparent ongoing investment and refresh.With no competition to LHR and some single Y fares at £319 I should hope so.
Could FlyBe/Virgin Connect be tempted given the perceived success of EDI LHR?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Through it today and asked about the changes. Bar same. Food the same seats the same. The difference is the floor was skimmed and new carpet on stairs. Behind the entrance is a new BA logo.

But the big difference is that the toilet now flushes. :-)
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
Through it today and asked about the changes. Bar same. Food the same seats the same. The difference is the floor was skimmed and new carpet on stairs. Behind the entrance is a new BA logo.

But the big difference is that the toilet now flushes. :-)
The number of times I’ve only just seen that out of order sign just in time!...
Old Jun 17, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Quick pic of re-furb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.