Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GLA lounge closing for full refurb 4th - 20th June 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLA lounge closing for full refurb 4th - 20th June 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold
To make life a bit more comfortable I'll go to the upper deck lounge methinks.
I have just seen on the BA lounge information that the upper deck lounge is listed as an option for Glasgow along with the standard BA lounge. Does anyone know if this is a mistake or if access would be granted. Appreciate it may not be that great but would allow a pre-flight drink.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Im surprised the GLA lounge is being refurbished already. IIRC its one of the newer ones in the network and already a Galleries Evolution? I think the space used to be bmi, back in the day? Given that MAN is still a Terraces Lounge as is Newcastle, it seems strange, no?
Old May 28, 2019, 5:59 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold
I heard from the lounge staff that it's likely to be £5 for silvers and £10 for golds. To make life a bit more comfortable I'll go to the upper deck lounge methinks.
If true it would be strange since the GLA lounge is the same regardless of your status.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by sxc

If true it would be strange since the GLA lounge is the same regardless of your status.
When they refurbed Aberdeen they gave Silver a £5 voucher and Gold access to the Northern Lights lounge along with I think Club Europe so nothing new there.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Morning all. In the lounge just now, and been told that it will close at the end of service on Saturday 1st, and due to reopen on the 16th - current plan is for the morning, but could be the afternoon. General refurb - new furniture apparently, floor being redone, repaint walls, improve the toilets, freshen up the speedmark wall at entry, and some changes to the whisky snug - Glenlivet no longer sponsor it, so there'll be some changes but the staff believe it'll remain - maybe some different whiskies?
Old May 29, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
I am flying out on Sunday 2nd in the evening and got the email. Presume I'll need to go to check-in to collect the voucher? Will work well for me as I'm on the late departure and had been planning on having a meal airside anyway as the CE salad isn't a substantial enough dinner for me and I won't get to my hotel until 23:30.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Presume I'll need to go to check-in to collect the voucher?
Presumably your email mentioned the possibility of collecting it from the service desk by Gate 22? Of course, if you are planning to dine airside this may well be much less convenient than getting it at a checkin desk as you'll need to walk back to the restaurants, unless you use Mozzo by Gate 22.....I guess if there are long queues at checkin it may win out even for the main restaurant area.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Presumably your email mentioned the possibility of collecting it from the service desk by Gate 22? Of course, if you are planning to dine airside this may well be much less convenient than getting it at a checkin desk as you'll need to walk back to the restaurants, unless you use Mozzo by Gate 22.....I guess if there are long queues at checkin it may win out even for the main restaurant area.
I have to admit to not reading the email properly!
BertieBadger likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
I am flying out on Sunday 2nd in the evening and got the email. Presume I'll need to go to check-in to collect the voucher? Will work well for me as I'm on the late departure and had been planning on having a meal airside anyway as the CE salad isn't a substantial enough dinner for me and I won't get to my hotel until 23:30.
Flying on the 1477 on Sunday morning and still no email (GCH and CE pax)..
Old May 29, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
I'm in GLA Lounge just now, (Non BA Staff, ie catering sfaff, advising a £10 voucher will be given out), voucher can be picked up either at check in or the podium desk down at the boarding gates.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
£10 voucher given this morning at GLA (GCH and CE) which funded my usual Starbucks coffee, a bottle of water & a bacon roll.

Making up for in in Flounge now...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:11 am

Same here for me, but I got an additional voucher for a guest. GGL flying Y on BACF and got 2 £10 vouchers (1 each).

Lounge has been emptied in terms of food and drinks, but furniture is still in place so far so looks like the works may start tomorrow.

Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:29 pm

I don’t think this has been mentioned before but the £10 voucher cannot be exchanged for alcohol at Glasgow - so ridiculous scenes as various travellers were just buying up packets of peanuts and crisps to take home for the sake of it when all they really wanted was a pint!

Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
I don’t think this has been mentioned before but the £10 voucher cannot be exchanged for alcohol at Glasgow - so ridiculous scenes as various travellers were just buying up packets of peanuts and crisps to take home for the sake of it when all they really wanted was a pint!

Wow!

Expect a few complaints over the next 3 weeks I would imagine

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:08 am

Just another data point: got 10GBP as AA Plat/OWE. Upper Deck was decent but crowded as Delta, Icelandair, and many others were using it as their contract lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.