Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA289 concerns and PHX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by TownCar

But whilst browsing FR24 for any patterns in airframe usage in recent days, I've noticed the flight performance and it's terrible. It's nearly always delayed, sometimes significantly. Today it was delayed by over 3 hours - does anyone know what happened? Is there something about this service that makes it prone to such extensive delays?
Probably too late now, but AA195 (LHR-PHX) has only been late twice so far and is generally 20-30 minutes early meaning it arrives in Phoenix soon after noon, giving you plenty of time to get to Flagstaff.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Probably too late now, but AA195 (LHR-PHX) has only been late twice so far and is generally 20-30 minutes early meaning it arrives in Phoenix soon after noon, giving you plenty of time to get to Flagstaff.
Yes, we've been booked on the BA289 for months now, plus the AA195 leaves too early (have to connect from NCL).

Thanks all for the comments, experiences and feedback on PHX arrivals (and holiday wishes!). Still a bit in the dark on why the 289 is just so bad for punctuality though. Today it departed 1½ hours late. The day before that, 1¼ hours late. Before that, only 30 mins late. Before that, 3 hours late (14th April). In fact of the past 7 days I can see on FR24, only twice has it come anywhere near the scheduled time. Some of that could be down to a late inbound aircraft but it feels like either a remarkable string of bad luck for the 289, or there's something systemic wrong here? I've no connecting flight from PHX so not stressed about it, just crossing fingers not to have a late night drive after a heavily delayed arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.