Wiki Posts
Search

Advance Passenger Info - IT glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Advance Passenger Info - IT glitch?

Flying next week to the US - received the usual pre-flight email but it said more Advance Passenger Info was “urgently required”. Went into MMB and it also says more info is required in the initial pages, but when I go through to supply the API it is quite clear that everything is already completed (which is what I thought!).

Is this a known IT glitch? Nothing to worry about? It worth calling the Gold line to check?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:38 am

we had that when we flew in January , they never batted an eyelid at check in, so just a glitch
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Had a similar email this morning, all information was already loaded as expected when I checked. Flying tomorrow but expecting no issues.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks - sounds like just an IT gremlin then. The app and website clearly show they have all the usual passport and US address details so it should all be fine
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:02 pm

I was coming here to ask the exact same question! Received the email this morning for a flight this Friday (flying US to Europe) that our details are "urgently" required, but when I view our booking on BA's website there is a green checkmark and "all details provided" next to each passenger. Still rather alarming to get an email saying you may not be able to travel.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:26 am

Something similar happened to me, linking for CWS's answer.

API getting rejected with a valid visa
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:56 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Just another BA IT cock-up . I get the same flag when I look in MMB - telling me I need to complete some details but when I go in it tells me everything is complete.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
I get this quite often. A new one for me at the weekend, a notification inviting me to proceed to Gate 10 for boarding to DME - the problem was that I hadn't booked a flight to DME and I was out walking the dogs at the time!
princeville likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
You will also get the message if you have booked a flight wholly within the US on AA but using Avios (so LAS - PHX for example) which as a result appears in MMB. I have also had the same error for an upcoming flight to the UK (and then back to the US) so it seems to be a persistent problem unfortunately.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
About time BA IT sorted this very basic error. If you were a non FF it could be quite worrying.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:25 pm

Another one here who gets this fairly often...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.