Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on new F hard product

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Speculation on new F hard product

With the Club Suite details revealed, what does FT think BA will change with their soon-to-be-announced revised/revamped/refreshed F hard product? I doubt that BA will add any showers or bar area, but what about:

- more space?
- more privacy? (i.e. door)
- separate bed / seat?
- better options for couples? (i.e. seats/suites that merge together, like SQ/EY, etc)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:20 pm

Clean and no food debris?

I know..... I ask too much
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:35 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
I for one really like the current 747/777 seat and hope they don't change it too much. It has one of the most comfortable seating positions of any international F class I've tried bar maybe CX. The aesthetics of the cabin is refined and understated and it offers a good compromise between privacy and airiness.

The additional storage space on the 380 is great but the aesthetics not so much, really looks like they tried ram the 777 seat in there and had an intern design the additional piece of kit to make it fit.

I really hope it doesn't continue down the path of the 787 seat. While it looks stunning it's poorly designed and the build quality is shockingly bad. Don't get me started on the fixed TV and lack of a buddy seat.

A slight variation of the 747/777 seat with a bit more storage and possibly a AF style privacy curtain would make for a very nice seat and cabin without scarifying density.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Langley-St...CABEgK24vD_BwE
bakera, Hedwig, joejet and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Though the following is more of a comparison with EY's Residence offering, I recently came across Delta's First-class Penthouse product from 1970:

Delta offered a unique First Class experience in the "world's first flying penthouse apartment" on its first “widebody" jet, the Boeing 747 in 1970. The 747 Penthouse was located on the Boeing 747's upper deck, above the First Class cabin and adjacent to the First Class lounge. Seats for 6 passengers were sold only as a unit. The Penthouse was staffed by its own flight attendant.
http://www.deltamuseum.org/docs/site...e.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
A chair that turns into a four poster bed?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I don't think the seat or the cabins in general need to be improved that much - the biggest issue with current first is the ground experience: no limousines, no dedicated boarding, no arrival service, Concorde room etc...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Given the 777-9 has been announced with 8 First, this indicates a 1x2x1 configuration (no wider than Club Suites). Even with some jenga (like the forward-backwards Etihad First on their 787s), the space probably won't increase dramatically. Soft product might be the future here.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by eae
I for one really like the current 747/777 seat and hope they don't change it too much. It has one of the most comfortable seating positions of any international F class I've tried bar maybe CX. The aesthetics of the cabin is refined and understated and it offers a good compromise between privacy and airiness.
They certainly have the best window blinds! I also love the blue lighting, particularly at night.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by athomas76
I don't think the seat or the cabins in general need to be improved that much - the biggest issue with current first is the ground experience: no limousines, no dedicated boarding, no arrival service, Concorde room etc...
Yup, the seat is fine (bar 747), they should differentiate it from J with service.

Reducing cabin size to 8 will help a lot assuming they still have at least two dedicated crew members, much better food and wine, on board and in lounge, and some better ground handling will make a much bigger difference than a bigger seat and a door.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Given the 777-9 has been announced with 8 First, this indicates a 1x2x1 configuration (no wider than Club Suites). Even with some jenga (like the forward-backwards Etihad First on their 787s), the space probably won't increase dramatically. Soft product might be the future here.
Space can be increased greatly in a 1-2-1, they just need to not angle the seats inwards, they could probably get A380 size seats in the same space (at least do what CX/ SQ do in their 777s)
george77300 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I agree with the OP. As someone else mentions in the other thread, if they install the new J in 4 cabin aircrafts, those of us who particularly value privacy may wonder if they might be better off in J than in F.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
1-2-1 ...or 2 rows of 1-1-1 and 1 row of 1-1 with the 9th space taken up by storage/large WC/some other feature?
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
A bit more space for a jacket / coat would be good. Some privacy for changing into pjs, but above all a much bigger bathroom. It's so strange that first class has an economy bathroom, it messes with my head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.