Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by 13901
I’d agree. The F seat is only marginally larger than the Suite. Plus no doors and gate-to-gate IFE. If I was a paying F customer I’d be royally bummed.

another thing that makes me think, and it’s just my flight of fancy here, is that if there’s no new seat in F, then chances are there’ll be the same Thales IFE, which is no super hi-def TV but still is good. However, If there’s the same Thales IFE does it mean that the screen dimensions in Club change? I know nothing about IFE and the like, but I’m now picturing a new Club suite with a 15” screen ripped out of Stretch Club in lieu of a larger screen...
It will be the Panasonic IFE that’s on the Gatwick refurbished 777s and refurbished 747s. Remember Thales is slightly older and doesn’t show you your seat number on the IFE. Panasonic shows you your seat number on the IFE (that’s how I tell the difference)
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are you saying that the refurbishments (for 77E, 77W and 380) will just feature the same F seat but just in a smaller cabin?

I left BA for a few months now but that was never clearly discussed; I know Cruz said they’d update First at a later stage, but I thought he meant re-doing it, and that the 789 one would be put in instead.

If this isn’t the case, this is the trouble with today’s BA in a nutshell. Embark on a project, spend BILLIONS (yes, these refurbs are expensive) and for the sake of shaving a little bit incremental expenditure, do it halfway. And then marvel at how customer scores for First fall, try some rehash of soft product that does nothing to solve the issue, start a whole new project for First with all related expenses, get planes back into the hangar for a refit, waste time and expenses... Oh BA, when will you learn?
From what I understand they are putting the “old” seat in the refits initially as the “new” F isn’t ready and they didn’t want to wait another few years for Club Suites refits. Whether this “old” is 777/380 F or 787 F I’m not sure.

Then from when the 777-9Xs arrive all those new aircraft and the rest of the refits will get the brand “new” F. Then eventually they may send the old ones back just to change F.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by opus99
It will be the Panasonic IFE that’s on the Gatwick refurbished 777s and refurbished 747s. Remember Thales is slightly older and doesn’t show you your seat number on the IFE. Panasonic shows you your seat number on the IFE (that’s how I tell the difference)
I reached out to a friend who works in the Customer programmes team, although not specifically on 777 refurbishments, he texted back a few moments ago and confirmed that the GE-powered 77Es will have their Thales IFE recycled on the refurbishment. What does that mean for screen sizes and so on I don't know, whether that's correct I don't know either. What happens to the 77Ws and the RR-powered 77Es I don't know. I guess it's just a question of waiting until G-RAES comes back from CWL to see.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
The next Airbus A350 playing in shannon this morning
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flew the A350 to DXB yesterday. Service painfully slow but well intentioned... starters probably didn't arrive until about 1.5 hours into the flight and by the time everything was cleared away it was about 3.5 hours into the flight.

They had a trainer onboard with "A350 integration team" on his name badge.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Schwann
Flew the A350 to DXB yesterday. Service painfully slow but well intentioned... starters probably didn't arrive until about 1.5 hours into the flight and by the time everything was cleared away it was about 3.5 hours into the flight.

They had a trainer onboard with "A350 integration team" on his name badge.
How was the seat?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:16 am

There are some adjustments being made to the CW service to help it run more smoothly. This will be across all aircraft types for consistency, and passengers shouldn’t notice any difference.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by MFCC
There are some adjustments being made to the CW service to help it run more smoothly. This will be across all aircraft types for consistency, and passengers shouldn’t notice any difference.
Here's an idea: go back to trolley service. I know hand run service was designed to have a more 'personal' interaction with the customer, but it's not working. I was able to have a chat with the crew during service when it was done through the trolley, now it's serve and dash - and with obvious reasons, with 50 punters to serve and 3-4 people to do it. And I bet it'd be less tiring for the crews... that tray just looks clumsy.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:51 am

Here's an idea: go back to trolley service. I know hand run service was designed to have a more 'personal' interaction with the customer, but it's not working. I was able to have a chat with the crew during service when it was done through the trolley, now it's serve and dash - and with obvious reasons, with 50 punters to serve and 3-4 people to do it. And I bet it'd be less tiring for the crews... that tray just looks clumsy.
We can all dream about the return of the trolley... it ain’t happening though.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I’d agree. The F seat is only marginally larger than the Suite. Plus no doors and gate-to-gate IFE. If I was a paying F customer I’d be royally bummed.
While obviously more comparable to F than old CW, the current F seat footprint is about 33% bigger than the New club seat and you have no foot coffin to contend with.

Doors are also far less important in a 8 seat cabin than a 50 seat one, as it will always be more private

The 787 F seat is prob more comparable to new CW than the more common F seat, so if they go down that route with just a door added things may end up closer than they are now on 777s!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by MFCC
We can all dream about the return of the trolley... it ain’t happening though.
That's a pity. One of my last trolley flights was a ICN-LHR last year and it was bliss. Compare that with a LHR-EZE, 'hand run' and supposedly superior, it was rushed, longer, the crew were incredibly in a hurry and I ended up not eating because I got tired of waiting. Somebody ought to remember BA that a plane IS NOT a restaurant.

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
While obviously more comparable to F than old CW, the current F seat footprint is about 33% bigger than the New club seat and you have no foot coffin to contend with.

Doors are also far less important in a 8 seat cabin than a 50 seat one, as it will always be more private

The 787 F seat is prob more comparable to new CW than the more common F seat, so if they go down that route with just a door added things may end up closer than they are now on 777s!

33% bigger footprint, sure, but 33% larger seat? What I fear is that there'll be exactly the same seat but just 8 of 'em. We'll see.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:57 am

That's a pity. One of my last trolley flights was a ICN-LHR last year and it was bliss. Compare that with a LHR-EZE, 'hand run' and supposedly superior, it was rushed, longer, the crew were incredibly in a hurry and I ended up not eating because I got tired of waiting. Somebody ought to remember BA that a plane IS NOT a restaurant.

33% bigger footprint, sure, but 33% larger seat? What I fear is that there'll be exactly the same seat but just 8 of 'em. We'll see.
If its only the seat that's important, the current BA F seat is only an inch less wide than the Emirates F seat. Space and feeling of space far more important than an extra few inches that your arse simply doesnt need
TedToToe likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
So apparently I've been denied the chance to sample the A350 due to a last minute swap with a 77W. However, I've been upgraded from WTP to CW, so I'm not complaining!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
If its only the seat that's important, the current BA F seat is only an inch less wide than the Emirates F seat. Space and feeling of space far more important than an extra few inches that your arse simply doesnt need
I'd tend to agree but my point is mostly related to the seat when in bed position. There's now very little to differentiate the F bed in BA to the J bed; sure, a bed is a bed and a seat is a seat, but I don't think - bear in mind, I tried F on 747, 777 and 789 but not yet the Club suite - there's going to be too much difference between one and the other. There's undoubtedly a difference between current CW and F; I suspect there is a difference between F and J on other carriers, say Air France or JAL; I could definitely see a difference on KAL and CX (as I made my way towards economy I should add); but is there a marked difference between F and Club Suite now? And is that difference enough for people to pay with ££, especially if the seat remains the same in F on the 77E? I don't know.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:31 am

I'd tend to agree but my point is mostly related to the seat when in bed position. There's now very little to differentiate the F bed in BA to the J bed.
Bar having your legs under the telly and your feet in a tightish foot coffin...

I've not been in new CW yet, I much prefer old CW in bed mode than the Cirrus seats I've tried, where I have to put my feet in a box. Current BA F is a world away from the cirrus seats for sleeping.

The one thing where I think new CW competes more closely with BA F is the available service space around the seat, the 'seat' itself is a downgrade for me on current CW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.