Search
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am also generally positive about this, with the proviso that it's important to actually get into the seat to really understand it. I'm someone who actually likes the existing CW seat, so for me it's quite a high bar to improve on it. So I prefer existing CW over CX's A350 seating, for example. I'm a bit concerned about the foot coffin aspect, but that's where seeing is believing, hopefully. But yes, on the face of it BA seems to be doing something positive for its position in the market - which is more about how BA compares to Delta, Lufthansa, Air France and KLM than anyone else.

PS: BA, if you're reading this, note to the Intern: you better get the Toronto lounge sorted and pristine by October!
Mutu, Jimmie76, our_kid and 11 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
QR manages so shouldn't be an issue.
I was thinking that the doors and surrounds may add a bit of width. The design could be at the minimum width in the aisles on the 787 which would mean a bit more space on the A350 and 777.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:00 am
Suspended

So am I right to say that Gatwick B777 will be stuck with the NG CW for years to come?
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I love the door.
dcmike, TFM, choosethedrew and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ds2016
I think I was probably one of the few who were hoping that they would keep the middle pair as it is. Travelling with a severely disabled child who needs to be next to me at all times, it was a rare luxury to be close and get some rest during the flight on the flatbed. Now we have to plan our holidays around flights or move back to WTP. At least we can rely on BA rolling it out at a snails pace so have a few good years left...
You may find it better to take a window and the seat across the aisle. That's what I do with my wife in F and we find it much better than the middle pair.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
This is great for almost all passengers, except anyone over 6"3. Those foot coffins are not great for tall passengers. Have trouble sleepling on non-bulkhead QR and AY seats.
The seat is 6'7" long.
Purescotsman likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
My guess on the A380 is that they're not willing to commit to keeping and refitting them yet. Taking the time to see if the plane fits into the fleet plan going forward and only then committing to the refit seems like a sensible tactic. We see various other airlines saying that they won't be keeping the big birds all that long, so it shouldn't be a surprise if BA choose to do likewise. On the other hand, the A380 mission statement was basically written for LHR so it would be equally unsurprising if BA are happy to retain the A380 when others aren't.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Breadstick77
Been waiting for this for a long time and I have to say I was not expecting this layout. And being of only 5" 10 , the foot coffin is a non-issue for me - so this ticks just about all boxes for me. Presume none of the 747s will be retrofitted? So what does that mean for LHR-JFK route? Will it be a long time before we see many of these seats on that route?
They would have to announce the new F seat first (apparently AC has been hinting something on that front too), because the JFK route has F on all planes. So A350s are off the table for JFK.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seat map
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm thoroughly impressed ... well done BA. ^

Loads of good features that obviate all my criticisms of the current CW arrangement, whilst adding more than I expected [a door?!!].

I have no doubt practical experience by members here will flag up something to dislike, but for me it looks GREAT. Whether I ever get to experience it in my remaining years is just a personal problem.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love this and don't want to sound at all negative - but as we know the current cleaning time / budget leaves a lot to be desired. I've found the storage in the 789 F is left fairly gross on most cleans - how can they get inside all these areas in a reasonable time to leave the cabin spotless ?
Jimmie76 and Qatar Airways like this.

Interesting to contemplate a CW future where I'm largely indifferent to row number. As a confirmed window sitter who strongly favours direct aisle access, my choices hitherto have been rather limited. This is a gamechanger.
dcmike, estate, SaraJH and 1 others like this.

Guys, I’m sorry (ive tried reading above but finding it difficult on my phone)... have the a350 routes to Madrid been launched? I want to treat my significant other and me but don’t want to risk an a32X.

Thank you 😊

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by BusinessOnly
Well done BA. I'm impressed and it will be great to finally pick BA over AA, CX etc for long haul flights on OneWorld.
To be fair, CX and AA now look like the cheap plastic monstrosities they are! Aesthetically BA has kicked them out of the park.

Overall I'm a little disappointed, I'm not a fan of footcoffins, or fixed screens right in front of your face, so was hoping for something a little more like JL.

We're losing sense of space for actual space which, for those who don't need to store anything on a side table is pretty much wasted. I do have to say it looks great though and certainly looks like its put the moans of the vast majority to bed.

Are QR and EY the only ones out there now with what is likely to be a better option (for the majority)?
Jimmie76 likes this.

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Mar 18, 2019 at 5:21 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wapps68
Guys, I’m sorry (ive tried reading above but finding it difficult on my phone)... have the a350 routes to Madrid been launched? I want to treat my significant other and me but don’t want to risk an a32X.

Thank you 😊
Doesn't seem to... would likely be in place of the current 777 rotation. Perhaps book one on Avios in Aug and cancel within 24 hours if no luck... rinse and repeat ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.