Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you

I haven’t read anywhere that they won’t be, as far as I know all long haul aircraft types other than the B744 will be fitted, not sure about the A321s.
I love the new design, however, I pretty much exclusively travel from LON to HKG only so won't get a chance to experience these new seats until very late on I guess lol.

If I was UUA, I just go with BA but when paying for a Cash J, I would go with CX until they get these seats installed on the A380
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Does it? It certainly looks like an improvement over the current seat which is welcome, but it looks not unlike AY, EI, CX etc.

As for the door, I suspect it will divide opinions.
OK. I'd like to get this straight as there're always some issues around the seats.

The Super Diamond has a fixed position table thus creating a longer foot coffin but the table is set higher than the narrowest part of the coffin.
The Cirrus seat does not have a fixed position table.

AY, CX use the Cirrus seat, so does AA on certain parts of its fleet. AY uses a condensed version of the Cirrus seat compared to almost all airlines which has installed, ao. AA, CX and AF. It is not a good iteration of the seat and it is shorter.

QR, AA both use the Super Diamond (AA after issues with the supply of Cirrus seats) and complaints regarding its other uniqe yin yang layout.

I believe the BA first class seat is a highly customized version of the Super Diamond (I stand to be corrected) whereby there's less footwell.

The seat does look good but think DL sacrificed some space to get the door.

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you

I haven’t read anywhere that they won’t be, as far as I know all long haul aircraft types other than the B744 will be fitted, not sure about the A321s.
It was mentioned here: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-suite-review/
"British Airways has talked about a four year plan to roll the seat out. It seems that it won’t be going onto the Boeing 747 fleet which is being retired over the next four years. No-one was willing to confirm that it would go onto the A380 fleet either."

Lack of positive confirmation isn't confirmation of a negative of course, but still.

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Will this seat fit the 787 and A380 upstairs in a 1-2-1 configuration?
QR manages so shouldn't be an issue.
Steve_ZA likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Wow! Now , we talk. Truly amazing... Good job BA.

Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Why aren't they fitting these new seats on the A380 ?
I am starting to think there might be an issue with the A380 as even AF is unable of fitting its best cabin to the A380. May be a rearrangement of cabins is required: all J downstairs? or all upstairs?
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Looks similar to the flagship AA flagship product I had on my DFW flights over the festive period. It's an incredible seat, I can't wait to see BA's take on it.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:45 am
Suspended

This is great for B787 and UD A380, but Vantage XL and Q suite are better for A350, LD A380, B772/3/9.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: MUCCI
So at last some lovely positive news from BA.
This is a massive change to Club and is most welcome. BA really have got this one correct.
I think that First is on the way out now for many routes. The difference is now getting marginal unless First is getting another revamp and a bigger seat so that the screen is not angled over your feet (as on the 787-9).
The 'dodge' on the A380 rollout is interesting. One wonders if they are going to get rid of these early. Rumour mill has it HKG really struggles to fill with an A380 and Lufthansa just saying it is returning some of its A380's soon I think they are going to disappear so maybe they will not get an upgrade........
Interesting times....
FD.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by estate
HFP saying that no-one would confirm Club Suite would be fitted to the A380 fleet. That's a bit odd!
I agree it is a bit odd - but all aircraft are supposed to be reffitted by 2023 (or was it 4?) anyway, If the 747’s are going in 2023/2024 they would of said by now the A380 would be going too.

I doubt they want to say too much yet considering they haven’t mentioned a 787 refit timeline either.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
Surely this deserves some form of FT outing!? Especially as it tackled two birds with one stone - sample the new CW seat and the new BA A350's?!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Surely this deserves some form of FT outing!? Especially as it tackled two birds with one stone - sample the new CW seat and the new BA A350's?!
Come join me to YYZ on 3/10
rockflyertalk and aidy like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A350 bookable

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...2*2.GBP.210932
Steve_ZA and email2markt like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:55 am

I think I was probably one of the few who were hoping that they would keep the middle pair as it is. Travelling with a severely disabled child who needs to be next to me at all times, it was a rare luxury to be close and get some rest during the flight on the flatbed. Now we have to plan our holidays around flights or move back to WTP. At least we can rely on BA rolling it out at a snails pace so have a few good years left...
Jimmie76, shefgab and estate like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ds2016
I think I was probably one of the few who were hoping that they would keep the middle pair as it is. Travelling with a severely disabled child who needs to be next to me at all times, it was a rare luxury to be close and get some rest during the flight on the flatbed. Now we have to plan our holidays around flights or move back to WTP. At least we can rely on BA rolling it out at a snails pace so have a few good years left...
You've got several more years of routing through cities without the new seat
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
One AC should be happy this morning whilst another AC will be not so happy from 1 October.

From the seat numbers announced for the new 777 It appears the new seat does not take up significantly more floor space but I have not done the maths.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.