Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange go around BA347

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:02 am

Was on a go around in Sydney once. The plane got down to well below the CBD building level and just north of Kingsford Smith before gunning it up and around. The pilot came on and said that a bit of metal had fallen off a landed jet on the runway and hadn't been cleared.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AMEX Platinum
Was on BA8711 on Tuesday, plane touched down at LCY, halfway down the runway crosswinded right then left so took off again, circled twice and started decending again before being diverted to SEN, already late after a 80m delay in EDI; that was a fun day!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Lifetime Platinum Elite, AA Gold, Delta MM Silver
Similar experience: on approach to LBA from AMS in a leased Spanish MD80 for Jet2 years ago. Very windy approach over Guiseley, we did not go around but it was like riding a Disney theme park attraction. My son, 4 years old at the time, laughed throughout the whole ordeal as he thought all the bumps and sideways movements were highly entertaining, while most pax, (dad included) were a bit pale around the nose...
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Go around became so routine at some of the less well-equipped European airports over a particularly foggy winter that I stopped taking any notice of them after it happened to me every couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Definitely a go around of some kind... it descended to 2,750ft just after it broke away and then climbed up to 4000 again while it re-positioned.
That doesn't sound like a go around. Too high.
More like breaking off an approach. => I see I've been beaten to it by Heathrow Tower!
Heathrow Tower and snaxmuppet like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 15, 2019 at 11:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.