Search

IB Cash Upgrades and BA Tiers Points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
IB Cash Upgrades and BA Tiers Points

Hi all,

I have 2 flights next week with Iberia (FCO-MAD and MAD-ORY). They are both in B class which is flexible economy. I am thinking of upgrading to Business if the price is right. I know IB sometimes has upgrade offers at check-in but I think these are not eligible for extra tier points/avios with BA Exec Club. Can somebody confirm? Otherwise I can try to upgrade use change booking and see the fare difference between B class and Business Class. At the moment the difference is minimal but I am getting error messages on Iberia.com (might be the same issue as BA when you book through a TA).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
IB upgrades only get the extra TPs and Avios if it is a full fare upgrade. Promotional upgrades get nothing extra, just whatever the initial ticket would provide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.