Wiki Posts
Search

A summers dream

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
A summers dream

Apologies if I missed the thread or the announcement but....

Aperol is now in the CCR. .. And prosecco isn't.

So the resulting aperol spritz is AMAZING
george77300 and Horatio like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by teledude
Apologies if I missed the thread or the announcement but....

Aperol is now in the CCR. .. And prosecco isn't.

So the resulting aperol spritz is AMAZING
If you are denaturing LGPS with Aperol and orange slices, i'm not sure what I am thinking of you...
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by orbitmic
If you are denaturing LGPS with Aperol and orange slices, i'm not sure what I am thinking of you...
I'm sorry.... But it's amazing
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You should be ejected from the lounge and told to fly Virgin in future!!

Must admit I've never heard of Aperol...sounds like the brand name of a haemorrhoid cream.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Aperol, the slightly more bitter and with half the strength of it's competitor Campari, which is a tasty and powerful aperitif. Aperol serves well to mask the hollow appearance of Prosecco. Likewise, the Prosecco will dilute the Aperol taste to improve drinkability.

Mixing it with real Champagne seems a waste of the Champers, but if it's mixed with LPGS in CCR, that's nothing less than heresy
Will send a courier to notify the Spanish Inquisition.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by onobond
Will send a courier to notify the Spanish Inquisition.
Oh my word! I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Oh my word! I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition :-)

Wasting LPGS on this is a serious offence :-) :-)
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition :-)

Wasting LPGS on this is a serious offence :-) :-)
You scored two rights there. IMHO, even mixing Aperol and Prosecco, being two wrongs, however, doesn't make one right.

We'll have to see if @teledude will be put in "The Comfy Chair" !
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
There are two reasons why this should not be done ... one, it spoils the LPGS ... two, Aperol is foreign .... ah, there are three reasons why this should not be done ... <continue at leisure>.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Aperol is the source of all things evil and should never be consumed in the first place - but mixing it with LPGS is just... wrong on all levels! A crime has indeed been committed!
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
There are two reasons why this should not be done ... one, it spoils the LPGS ... two, Aperol is foreign .... ah, there are three reasons why this should not be done ... <continue at leisure>.
Aaah, so Aperol is foreign, huh?

Well, I get your point there, the protection against defiling the world-known classical UK product Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle with some sang impure impur must be powerfully implemented then, non?
T8191, nancypants and hsmall like this.

Last edited by onobond; Mar 9, 2019 at 3:30 am Reason: Repenting as per attentive comment below
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by onobond
Aaah, so Aperol is foreign, huh?

Well, I get your point there, the protection against defiling the world-known classical UK product Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle with some sang impure must be powerfully implemented then, non?
However the heresy of feminising sang makes you next in line for the stake as soon as the Académie Française get to you. Being strapped for cash these days they will probably outsource the burning to the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Totally off topic: when using ALT+ to insert foreign characters when posting here using Chrome, one seems to need to add a leading zero to the ANSI character; so ALT + 233 gives Ú whereas ALT + 0233 gives the required è. I did not know that and it caused me to spend extra time working it out, during which time I am told I had promised to empty the dishwasher.

Last edited by hsmall; Mar 9, 2019 at 3:33 am Reason: altered as got the accent wrong, which shows the danger of excessive pedantry.....
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by hsmall
However the heresy of feminising sang makes you next in line for the stake as soon as the Acadèmie Française get to you. Being strapped for cash these days they will probably outsource the burning to the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Totally off topic: when using ALT+ to insert foreign characters when posting here using Chrome, one seems to need to add a leading zero to the ANSI character; so ALT + 232 gives Þ whereas ALT + 0232 gives the required è. I did not know that and it caused me to spend extra time working it out, during which time I am told I had promised to empty the dishwasher.
And since we are on the topic of academic purity (I was going to make the same remark as you but thought the previous poster was merely paying a late tribute to the IWD), you got the accent wrong
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I thought Aperol was a laundry detergent... sorry
T8191 and orbitmic like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by orbitmic

And since we are on the topic of academic purity (I was going to make the same remark as you but thought the previous poster was merely paying a late tribute to the IWD), you got the accent wrong
I most emphatically deserved that! Next in line for the firewood. Have corrected it....
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.