FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   A summers dream (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1959907-summers-dream.html)

teledude Mar 8, 2019 7:44 am

A summers dream

Apologies if I missed the thread or the announcement but....

Aperol is now in the CCR. .. And prosecco isn't.

So the resulting aperol spritz is AMAZING :D

orbitmic Mar 8, 2019 7:56 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 30862216)
Apologies if I missed the thread or the announcement but....

Aperol is now in the CCR. .. And prosecco isn't.

So the resulting aperol spritz is AMAZING :D

If you are denaturing LGPS with Aperol and orange slices, i'm not sure what I am thinking of you... :p

teledude Mar 8, 2019 8:36 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 30862263)
If you are denaturing LGPS with Aperol and orange slices, i'm not sure what I am thinking of you... :p

I'm sorry.... But it's amazing :D

HIDDY Mar 8, 2019 8:52 am

You should be ejected from the lounge and told to fly Virgin in future!!

Must admit I've never heard of Aperol...sounds like the brand name of a haemorrhoid cream.

onobond Mar 8, 2019 10:01 am

Aperol, the slightly more bitter and with half the strength of it's competitor Campari, which is a tasty and powerful aperitif. Aperol serves well to mask the hollow appearance of Prosecco. Likewise, the Prosecco will dilute the Aperol taste to improve drinkability.

Mixing it with real Champagne seems a waste of the Champers, but if it's mixed with LPGS in CCR, that's nothing less than heresy :eek:
Will send a courier to notify the Spanish Inquisition.

Globaliser Mar 8, 2019 10:29 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30862644)
Will send a courier to notify the Spanish Inquisition.

Oh my word! I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

LondonAndy Mar 8, 2019 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 30862746)
Oh my word! I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition :-)

Wasting LPGS on this is a serious offence :-) :-)

onobond Mar 8, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 30862857)
No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition :-)

Wasting LPGS on this is a serious offence :-) :-)

You scored two rights there. IMHO, even mixing Aperol and Prosecco, being two wrongs, however, doesn't make one right.

We'll have to see if @teledude will be put in "The Comfy Chair" ! ;)

T8191 Mar 8, 2019 12:57 pm

There are two reasons why this should not be done ... one, it spoils the LPGS ... two, Aperol is foreign .... ah, there are three reasons why this should not be done ... <continue at leisure>.

SKT-DK Mar 8, 2019 11:00 pm

Aperol is the source of all things evil and should never be consumed in the first place - but mixing it with LPGS is just... wrong on all levels! A crime has indeed been committed! :eek: :D

onobond Mar 9, 2019 12:12 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 30863303)
There are two reasons why this should not be done ... one, it spoils the LPGS ... two, Aperol is foreign .... ah, there are three reasons why this should not be done ... <continue at leisure>.

Aaah, so Aperol is foreign, huh?

Well, I get your point there, the protection against defiling the world-known classical UK product Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle with some sang impure impur must be powerfully implemented then, non? ;)

hsmall Mar 9, 2019 3:19 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 30864863)
Aaah, so Aperol is foreign, huh?

Well, I get your point there, the protection against defiling the world-known classical UK product Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle with some sang impure must be powerfully implemented then, non? ;)

However the heresy of feminising sang makes you next in line for the stake as soon as the Académie Française get to you. Being strapped for cash these days they will probably outsource the burning to the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith :)

Totally off topic: when using ALT+ to insert foreign characters when posting here using Chrome, one seems to need to add a leading zero to the ANSI character; so ALT + 233 gives Ú whereas ALT + 0233 gives the required è. I did not know that and it caused me to spend extra time working it out, during which time I am told I had promised to empty the dishwasher.

orbitmic Mar 9, 2019 3:26 am

Originally Posted by hsmall (Post 30865187)
However the heresy of feminising sang makes you next in line for the stake as soon as the Acadèmie Française get to you. Being strapped for cash these days they will probably outsource the burning to the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith :)

Totally off topic: when using ALT+ to insert foreign characters when posting here using Chrome, one seems to need to add a leading zero to the ANSI character; so ALT + 232 gives Þ whereas ALT + 0232 gives the required è. I did not know that and it caused me to spend extra time working it out, during which time I am told I had promised to empty the dishwasher.

And since we are on the topic of academic purity (I was going to make the same remark as you but thought the previous poster was merely paying a late tribute to the IWD), you got the accent wrong ;)

fotographer Mar 9, 2019 3:30 am

I thought Aperol was a laundry detergent... sorry

hsmall Mar 9, 2019 3:31 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 30865202)

And since we are on the topic of academic purity (I was going to make the same remark as you but thought the previous poster was merely paying a late tribute to the IWD), you got the accent wrong ;)

I most emphatically deserved that! Next in line for the firewood. Have corrected it....