Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First offering, from 31 March 2019 [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
It’s interesting how the new Club World Catering seems to have back fired one year on with the initial food diaplys being removed and people bemoaning the lack of drinks top ups. That said the new glasses and bedding were a welcome change

I wonder why BA dont factor in service changes in upgrades such as ‘you will recieve the attention of dedicated crew throughout your flight’ .

Lets see what happends in FIRST....
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Is it correct to deduce that there is no actual investment in the catering quality happening here; just the presentation?

Service issues aside, the improvement in club has been enormous - it would be a shame not to bring First up to standard too.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:16 am

I believe the afternoon tea stand has the shape of the BA Speedmark
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Anyone know if - assuming they have enough loaded - they would give me (a guy) a ladies amenity bag? Or do they only have exact numbers loaded?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If the flight is inbound to the UK and we have spare ones it won’t be a problem, outbound the crew will have to make a judgment based on how many female ones they have given out.
We carry a mixture to 130% of the aircraft configuration.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Spaceviking
I believe the afternoon tea stand has the shape of the BA Speedmark

That sounds like a very specific piece of information (to add to the remarkable level of conjecture to this vital subject). Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Spaceviking, feel free to add anything else as we go along - welcome on board.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by aristoph

I agree it’s pretty poor, but if it’s any consolation she’s not missing much. The “spa” is more of a gimmick than a true treatment.
The spa does not provide an experience worthy of F class. The massage chair is torture. The cubicles feel clinical and lack privacy. Having to fill a form in every time, no matter how often you have used the service, is a pain. Elemis products don't excite me. The staff are usually very nice but the booking system is far from smooth. Some treatments are often not available - even 28 days in advance - for strange staffing reasons.

The new pyjamas look like an improvement. I don't like the look of the amenity kit. Much of the same except the facial mist (which looks nice). Glasses and tableware look better. Food looks like more of the same with no improvement announced for vegetarians. This is the best British Airways can up with? I have far higher standards of luxury at home. Better champagne, better bedding, better food. There is no wow factor in F with BA. I can't even be bothered to try the new F. I'm choosing other airlines instead for F. Maybe fantastic reports from upcoming FT flyers will change my mind.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by opus99
I'm glad to see BA making necessary changes. Once the new club world comes out and (given it aligns with the rumors) they're going to have one of the best products out there join this with their convenient routes. It's looking good for them
Famous last words before the American Domestic industry was decimated.

They forget that while they trumpet an improvement after decades, the competition does not stand still ! They are working, looking at the future.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Just to confirm that they have started to roll out the new glassware/crockery.

We had the Dartington glassware and the new crockery on our flight from JNB last night (BA56). Sorry to say that the glassware is not “full size”, but the dinner plate is quite a bit bigger than the previous offering. The actual meal service had not changed - but happy to say that the food quality from JNB has improved. An excellent crawfish starter and I even volunteered to try the beef rib (although still far too dry).
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Looks like men will get a black pen and women a silver coloured one.
Probably means that at least the black one won't be made in metal any longer, perhaps it'll be "precious resin" like Montblanc pens
I think it rather less than progressive to make gender distinctions with pens!
aristoph likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
The ladies amenity kit bag looks terribly tacky - like one of those free promotional kits you get with tampons and the like.

Less is more! Nothing wrong with a plain navy/black kit.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the new First service starts on the 31st March on all flights ex London and I have to say that I’m really impressed.
The new equipment will really raise the service that we can deliver and I’m excited to see and use it.
Some of the new things are warm nuts served before takeoff and a larger hot towel served on a slate tile.
The new noise cancelling headphones will be supplied by Meridian.
After takeoff we will serve 3 canapés in a similar dishes to the service time used in CW.
Happy to answer other questions.

Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Very retro. In the 90’s nuts were served pre departure and canapés with the post departure drink. Looking forward to trying the new service on 4 April. Hope the canapés are better than before.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to laugh when I read this as it’s exactly what we served before, everything about the new service is very stylish.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I had to laugh when I read this as it’s exactly what we served before, everything about the new service is very stylish.
Looking forward to this, but I do really really hope the human factor in all this will also be very stylish. Thanks for the update on what is upcoming.

Cheers!
TheJayHatch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.