Wiki Posts
Search

Interlining query

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton diamond, BA GCH
Originally Posted by golfmad
There are 131 pages on the subject here and the answer is most likely 'no'.

BA no longer through checking baggage with separate tickets

It's possible to do it with that lay over time but it's very risky. You would be better trying to move the AMS-LGW to a later flight if there is one or avoid checked luggage heading to AMS completely.
Thanks for all the advice. Just an update on what actually transpired and some things learned in the process. Mrs C had a good welcome at XX. Guess GGLs are not commonplace there. No problems short checking to LHR. Upgraded to F - Only a slight upgrade from 62K (her original seat). Told me she had a bag bundle of comfortable beddings in Club on her way out (as they do in Cathay Pacific). Must be new as I have not had that yet. Minicab despatched to LHR to pick up her luggage. Came out (some delay in getting her suitcase) and handed over the luggage to the minicab driver. She proceeded to AMS with a small handbag and her laptop. AMS to LGW no problem. Tier points in the bag. Train from LGW back home.

Other things picked up - 1. AirPotr still does not go down to our area. 2. Left luggage have a home delivery system so long as you as you do not have aerosols or batteries in the luggage. 3. they do not deliver the same day. 4. For some reason had difficulty booking our local minicabs for a very early flight at short notice. So I used minicabit -an agent and comparison site. Very easy to use and useful when stuck.

All's well that ends well.
IAMORGAN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.