Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Financial Times article on BA wines. FT gets a mention.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Financial Times article on BA wines. FT gets a mention.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The BA wine selection now is an unfortunate combo of being below cost of what it would take to buy a nice wine at the level expected, but also the selections don't appear to be especially well curated. When you combine that with the need for some form of brand/ region as some have mentioned here, that brings you to a very unenviable situation for BA's customers.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Ah, so in 2018 it shows BA in a positive light, so that's all well and good.

In 2019, BA are nowhere to be seen, so something fishy must be going on.

That makes sense
@HIDDY said something that makes sense? Oh you were joking 😂
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The wife and I have flown F/J on several airlines. Not being 'wine connisseurs' we have no recollection of what the wine was like on any of the flights to be honest. I suspect BA recognises only a small percentage of customers will choose which airline to fly based on the price of the wine they serve. So instead of splashing out on paying well known wine experts - who for all we know might also be getting a cut from the wine companies - they have chosen to keep the overall price of their tickets down in order to compete.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The wife and I have flown F/J on several airlines. Not being 'wine connisseurs' we have no recollection of what the wine was like on any of the flights to be honest. I suspect BA recognises only a small percentage of customers will choose which airline to fly based on the price of the wine they serve. So instead of splashing out on paying well known wine experts - who for all we know might also be getting a cut from the wine companies - they have chosen to keep the overall price of their tickets down in order to compete.
Always love your default responses - essentially that you dont have memory for anything, your just a simpleton who never fuses. These responses never change except of course when getting hysterical in defense of BA for reasons that leave many of us

I get it now, there is a conspiracy afoot from wine connoisseurs who are in a shadowy relationship with the wine companies to assail the love of your life, British Airways
mec72 and ermis177 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:59 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Always love your default responses - essentially that you dont have memory for anything, your just a simpleton who never fuses. These responses never change except of course when getting hysterical in defense of BA for reasons that leave many of us
In a world where you can be anything, be nice.
Fly_IAD likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
In a world where you can be anything, be nice.
Thats beautiful, thank you. Did you consider changing your name from DeathSlam (LOL) to Namaste or something
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:14 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Thats beautiful, thank you.
Not my invention.
It was the last post of Caroline Flack who commited suicide recently after being ridiculously trolled. (except she said 'be kind')
Not BA related, but having properly trained mental health guardians in workplaces is becoming more of a thing and I for one encourage it.

Last edited by DeathSlam; Feb 27, 2020 at 12:36 pm
Old Feb 27, 2020, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Not my invention.
It was the last post of Caroline Flack who commited suicide recently after being ridiculously trolled. (except she said 'be kind')
Not BA related, but having properly trained mental health gaurdians in workplaces is becoming more of a thing and I for one encourage it.
She, very tragically, like others who commit suicide did so because she was suffering from terrible depression that likely preceded terrible bullying.

Just to be clear, I am not insinuating HIDDY 's dismissive comments to anyone that dares voice something against his BA are trolling they just marginalize the perspective of anyone else thats all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.