Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 [Valentine's Day surprise]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
A very weird change of topic within this thread about BA PR.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
I was equally interested in the BA Flight to Buenos Aires on Valentines Day (I think) where 5 couples at BA worked the flight as crew. (I'm assuming MF crew) rather than the flight deck. (I have flash backs to the Little Britain spoof on Stansted Airport and the pilot couple!!)
I knew crew could apply for some sort of couples roster where you'd be rostered the same time off etc but not the same destination presumably to avoid a tiff over the cart!! But it's nice to do for the couples as well (and a test of any relationship to work together !!) including the mandatory same sex couple. (check the new BA ad) which I was pleased about to reflect on the diversity of employees - I wish more companies would do the same.

I wonder how the flight went! (and it saved 5 hotel rooms at the crew hotel too!!)
I believe all fleets can simply request trips together by specific destination or region. You don’t have to be a ‘couple’ as such, just any two people who want to fly together that month. These aren’t guaranteed to be granted and each month is done one at a time.

I think that WW can have what’s called a ‘married roster’ where every month they get the same trips and same days off as each other. I’m not sure of the ins and outs of this though as it’s not something that we’re allowed on MF.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes on married rosters you always work together but may get different trips from standby.
HIDDY and MFCC like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by golfmad
A very weird change of topic within this thread about BA PR.
Still has a love is in the air theme about it though.

Must admit I never knew couples could work together.....nice that.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
its great BA did this.

given how much in shambles BA F is these days--they clearly had the open seats!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
The downside of that, especially with the lottery aspect, is that it creates tens of thousands of losers.
At least that way you might have some chance rather than been selected due to whatever personal circumstances or sob story that is deemed most media worthy.

I've never had a sniff of anything in any of these draws BA and other companies do to win free trips, Avios etc. Generally forget I've entered anyway so anything would come as a complete surprise.

I've not seen anything on Facebook etc. regarding this since I saw the video on here. Either I'm missing every bit of advertising / publicity for BA, or they've gone to all this trouble and not followed through on it.
Same with practically everything connected with the 100 year anniversary. Badges on uniforms, once I caught part of an advert on TV, and something popped up a couple of times on FB and then vanished.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:05 am

(grumble alert)

It really grated with me the couple having to stand there gushing about an upgrade when one of them has just lost their parents. Why not just give them the upgrade and let them go on their way, a difficult time made a little easier, and not interrupted with producing marketing footage for a multinational?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: CX
I have just come off the internet watching all these beautifully made "surprises" to people by British Airways. Well done, BA. It looks all so fantastic. Being picked up by an ambassador at home, being driven to the airport in a fancy car, sipping champagne in the First Class lounge and so on. I was close to log on to the booking-site of BA to reserve a couple of flights. But then I remembered my last experience with them and that came not even close to what I have seen in all these videos. Why not make the experience better for all the passengers who actually pay for their flights than doing some pr-stunts for non-revenue passengers? A special celebration-gift for all passengers? Just an idea of mine. And yes: As somebody mentioned in this forum before. Do not forget your frequent flyers. Why not upgrading 100 of them every day during the celebration year?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats the modern day PR. Just like everyone is excited about the BOAC B744... everytime I see pictures of it I'm excited too, but have no desire whatsoever to buy a ticket on a BA B747 flight because of the potential awful business class experience in that particular aircraft type.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats the modern day PR. Just like everyone is excited about the BOAC B744... everytime I see pictures of it I'm excited too, but have no desire whatsoever to buy a ticket on a BA B747 flight because of the potential awful business class experience in that particular aircraft type.
All flights, all airlines certainly have the potential to be awful, but a SuperJ Upper Deck CW experience beats First in some respect on certain routes and one of the best experiences flying. I've done a bit of flying in CW and I can't point to an awful experience, maybe a few ok / so-so ones, there again I'm presumably asleep during the grim bits. Now I'm not a PR expert (well, I suppose one bit of me is supposed to be...) but it's about setting the scene, setting the agenda, setting "someday" rather than cause -> effect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.