Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Highlife online shop for onboard delivery

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF

Hi everyone,

Stumbled upon this: https://www.highlifeshop.com/

It seems that BA now offers the option to purchase your duty free and have it delivered on board.

Hope this hasn't been posted before...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks for the heads up BA6501, and about time too (BA, not you)! Coming back from NRT on 1st November (1st day this is available) and ordered some gin... we'll see if it turns up.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The booze isn't exactly what you would call good value is it?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know the procedure for claiming miles for purchases made onboard?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:20 pm

They've raised Smirnoff blue from £10 to £12
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
They've raised Smirnoff blue from £10 to £12
Eeesh.. Smirnoff... Disgusting stuff. Need to start stocking some decent Vokdka's.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Eeesh.. Smirnoff... Disgusting stuff. Need to start stocking some decent Vokdka's.
perfect to pay construction workers with, why else would one
buy vodka?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The booze isn't exactly what you would call good value is it?
Neither are the mens fragrances. They want £47 for 100ml of Givenchy Gentleman yet a quick Google and ChemistDirect are selling it at £39.99.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 5:36 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Does anyone know the procedure for claiming miles for purchases made onboard?
Hand your EC card to the cabin crew when paying? That's always worked for me! Or do you mean retrospective credit for Avios not received? There's probably an online form for that somewhere, but they've always been quite reliable in my experience.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I handed my hand but unfortunately the points didn't post, CC had some trouble with the "useless" POS Terminal. In my BAEC account I do not see an option to claim for onboard purchases.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Bumping an old thread ....

I ordered and prepaid for some specific booze in the HighLife Shop Sale and it's apparently going to be delivered to my seat on my (inbound to LHR) longhaul next month. I'm curious about how this works :

Is my order specifically packaged up and loaded on the outbound, or is it just picked from the onboard stock on my flight ?
What happens if there's some sort of IRROPS affecting my plane, or me changing my flight ?
When do I get the Avios ? I've prepaid, so now, or after collection ?

any experiences ?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer

I ordered and prepaid for some specific booze in the HighLife Shop Sale and it's apparently going to be delivered to my seat on my (inbound to LHR) longhaul next month. I'm curious about how this works :

Is my order specifically packaged up and loaded on the outbound, or is it just picked from the onboard stock on my flight ?
What happens if there's some sort of IRROPS affecting my plane, or me changing my flight ?

any experiences ?
Based on what happened to me when I did the same on a BOM-LHR flight in Jan 14: the item is packaged in a separate bag with barcode and loaded into the Duty Free trolleys in LHR for the round trip. On your flight ask the crew post-meal and hopefully someone (the system was relatively new then and the crew on my flight weren't sure/it was the 1st time they had done it) will know where on the trolley it is located.

Show your printed confirmation, sign and the package is yours.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
I tried this out last weekend - ordered a few weeks ago for delivery on my London-bound flight. Printed out my receipt (as per the instructions), and after the meal service I asked a member of the crew. Unfortunately that crew member wasn't familiar with the process, but found someone who was.

Purchase came sealed in a tamper resistant see through bag, that was apparently suitable to satisfy security if I was going onwards on a connecting flight.

All in all very efficient, and I'd definitely do it again if there was something I specifically wanted from the HighLife Shop. Although one thing I would say is to make sure you have the confirmation email, and actively ask the crew rather than waiting for it to appear at your seat.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

any experiences ?
Well, despite some significant IRROPS, the package was delivered to my seat just before the duty free run. ^

No sign of any Avios though, anyone able to confirm whether they are triggered on the prepay-order date or on delivery ?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond

No sign of any Avios though, anyone able to confirm whether they are triggered on the prepay-order date or on delivery ?
Did you get them to scan your card or take your BAEC number?

When I ordered something I could see that they didn't have a clue what to do (I had to ask for the item, and the crew member said he'd never dealt with a High Life internet order). I told him that he needed to take my number, but he told me to send an email to claim the points. Oh, and that was the second attempt at purchasing something, the first time it wasn't even loaded to the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.