Wiki Posts
Search

Advance seat selection QR fail

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat
Advance seat selection QR fail

When I choose seat selection from MMB for redemption flights on the BA Exec site, I’m taken to the Qatar Airways website. Seats in Business Class duly appear, when when selected and saved I receive this message:

”We are unable to process your request. Please try again later. (IBE_99).” and: “The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302).

This has been happening consistently since last summer for a series of redemption flights. I didn’t enter the FF number once never mind more than once, but I presume BA would have attached it to the locator used for the bookings. Does not matter whether I follow the link from MMB or try directly on the QR website. Using PC or BA app yields same result. I presumed that gold status allows me to book these seats in advance.

Wondered if anyone else had experience of this problem and of any workaround - other than a longbcall to Exec Club?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I assume it’s a QR operated flight? If so, have you tried calling them? I have had issues like this in the past (admittedly not with QR) and usually contacting the operating carrier has solved the issue.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Mike Larvin
When I choose seat selection from MMB for redemption flights on the BA Exec site, I’m taken to the Qatar Airways website. Seats in Business Class duly appear, when when selected and saved I receive this message:

”We are unable to process your request. Please try again later. (IBE_99).” and: “The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302).

This has been happening consistently since last summer for a series of redemption flights. I didn’t enter the FF number once never mind more than once, but I presume BA would have attached it to the locator used for the bookings. Does not matter whether I follow the link from MMB or try directly on the QR website. Using PC or BA app yields same result. I presumed that gold status allows me to book these seats in advance.

Wondered if anyone else had experience of this problem and of any workaround - other than a longbcall to Exec Club?
Are you the only person on the booking? I had this issue, with my FFN having been passed for both of us- eventually got it sorted, IIRC had to remove both - save - add both back again.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat
Thanks guys - was about to call Qatar only to find my daughter (pax plus her husband) managed to book seats via the BA website! She is London based and I’m currently in Kuala Lumpur - which may explain this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.