BA292 changed from 787 to 777 ....

Reply

Old Feb 11, 19, 7:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
BA292 changed from 787 to 777 ....

Had CW booked on the 787 in seats 6AB & 7AB but now BA have changed the plane to a 777.

Can anyone tell me if this one is any good?? Does it have upgraded IFE and WiFi?

What are are the best seats too?

Thanks.
Bophopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 7:57 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Posts: 12,229
Hi,

When are you due to fly?

Regards

TBS
The _Banking_Scot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:00 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Tonight, from IAD.
Bophopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:05 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: British Airways Gold
Posts: 1,937
G-VIIN, 4 class 772 with the updated IFE (Thales not Panasonic)
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
ajeleonard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:07 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Thanks!
When were talking updated ife is that the same kind as in the super hi-j 747s?
Bophopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:13 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: British Airways Gold
Posts: 1,937
Originally Posted by Bophopper View Post
Thanks!
When were talking updated ife is that the same kind as in the super hi-j 747s?
No the Thales one, same as on the 787s, it's updated as in "not the ancient Rockwell Collins with the grid"
ajeleonard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:14 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glos
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 4,926
No disrespect to the OP but paging the big cheeses around the BA Forum.... would it be a good idea to have a sticky / master thread for "Which aircraft am I flying on - and does it have Wifi?" there are more than ever threads starting asking about a specific aircraft reg as well as will it have Wifi
argonath and snaxmuppet like this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Feb 11, 19 at 8:26 am
mikeyfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:17 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
That would make sense.
Bophopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 8:50 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Flatland
Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Posts: 5,062
That would be this thread:

On-board WiFi: soft launch is underway
flatlander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:02 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glos
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 4,926
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
That would be this thread:

On-board WiFi: soft launch is underway
No, I was referring to the amount of threads starting "BA283 tonight" or similar - which you then click into to find the poster wants to know the reg or type of aircraft for IFE / WIFI / whatever other reason !
mikeyfly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:29 am
  #11  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 14,620
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
No, I was referring to the amount of threads starting "BA283 tonight" or similar - which you then click into to find the poster wants to know the reg or type of aircraft for IFE / WIFI / whatever other reason !
So what is your problem with that? They're looking for information about a specific flight. I can't see anything wrong with that.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:55 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CHS
Programs: Starriott PP, UA 1K, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,766
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
So what is your problem with that? They're looking for information about a specific flight. I can't see anything wrong with that.
UA has a thread with a wiki and a link to a google spreadsheet with every airplane in the UA/UAX fleet, which one is in maintenance and the status of each plane with regards to polsris conversion, seat configuration, wifi, seat types etc

That way you see you are in airframe XXX - go to chart - see current configuration, wifi, ife, seats etc

I think he is asking about something like this: United Airlines Fleet Updates [2019 Edition]
Hipplewm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:08 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Posts: 1,195
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
No disrespect to the OP but paging the big cheeses around the BA Forum.... would it be a good idea to have a sticky / master thread for "Which aircraft am I flying on - and does it have Wifi?" there are more than ever threads starting asking about a specific aircraft reg as well as will it have Wifi
The basource website is your friend for this information.
clarkeysntfc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:10 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post

That way you see you are in airframe XXX...
Other than starting a thread on here with the flight number and date, how do 'we' see which airframe we are on?
grantsteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:13 am
  #15  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 14,620
Originally Posted by Hipplewm View Post
UA has a thread with a wiki and a link to a google spreadsheet with every airplane in the UA/UAX fleet, which one is in maintenance and the status of each plane with regards to polsris conversion, seat configuration, wifi, seat types etc

That way you see you are in airframe XXX - go to chart - see current configuration, wifi, ife, seats etc

I think he is asking about something like this: United Airlines Fleet Updates [2019 Edition]
That would be great - but who is going to set it up and do it. It strikes me as a lot of work.
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: